23: The Revelation

3.3k words

The third phase had finally ended, all the applicants that were able to reach the tower's base for 72 hours continued to the fourth phase. You were greeted with the sunlight and breeze as you exited the tower. The feeling reminded you of getting out from the testing gate back in Kukuroo Mountain. It had been precisely 12 days since you left the estate to look after Killua.

The third phase's examiner congratulated the applicants that passed, He informed that all that remained was the fourth phase and the fifth phase. There were two more phases to complete the exam.

Hisoka and you were required to walk forward for the fourth phase. As he stepped forward first, you noticed that everyone's gaze was focused on Hisoka's wound near his neck that you caused.

You were then instructed and informed about the objectives for the next phase. You did as what was instructed, you walked forward and pulled out a card out of the box and then walked back to your position with a plastic card in your hand.

Gittarackur was the one who stepped forward next, you made eye contact but you were the one who broke it off first feeling a little uneasy and uncomfortable.

The Examiner then asked the applicants to peel the sticker off of the plastic card once everyone was done picking their cards. You did what you were told, your card revealed the number 4.

You were on high alert, a memory flashed on your mind of what could be number 4. or who could be number 4. "The number you see is your target." The examiner added. All of the sudden, the applicants became wary, they removed their badges to hide it. You felt the change of atmosphere, everyone was uneasy, especially the boy Gon.

You on the other hand, didn't bother to hide your badge, there was no point, if someone wants to steal it from you, you'll simply kill them.

You couldn't help but notice the uneasiness from Gon as you were just behind him. You took a little peek of his card, it says 44. How lucky. But it'd be fun if it was my number. You thought to yourself,

The best timing in stealing Hisoka's badge would be when he's in combat. You thought as you observed that Hisoka don't really pay any mind to the surrounding when his intentions are to kill.

Your eyes then transferred to the man with blonde hair wearing sunglasses and a black turtleneck who seemed to be an ex military, he wore a cocky and confident grin as he looked up from his card who's number was his target. He already had his badge removed but you were certain your memory served you right, he was number 4, he stood out earlier during the third phase, he did you a favor.

You looked oblivious and quite innocent and bored at the same time, you already figured out your target. You believed you heard his name was Joaquin from the other applicants. He looked strong, but of course, you were stronger. All of the sudden, your target, 4 caught you looking at him, he flashed you a cocky grin paired with a wink. You sighed, How boring. But then again, you weren't in the exams for entertainment.

The examiner then proceeded to give a little lecture on how the fourth exam works. You need to collect 6 points in total. Your badge is equivalent to 3 points to you and the one who have you as their target. Your target's badge is also worth 3 points and everyone else's badge are worth 1 point. All you have to do is steal your target's badge and guard yours. You chose the easiest and fastest plan, you just wanted to end it quickly.

All the applicants were asked to embark the boat to Zevil Island, where the fourth phase will be held. You weren't curious as to who was lucky enough to pick your number, you hoped it's not someone who doesn't puts up a fight, so you could at least have a little fun. You already set a plan to pass the exam with Killua.