Chapter XI | Night of the Game

On the night of the first game, it was the first time that Sierra was able to put her old routines that she had learned to the test, it had been a week or so since she first arrived. And it initially has been three days since she and Justin started their thing. She was with her team, which they were getting ready for the main game, when their team came out on the team. For Justin, while he was walking out with the team, he had looked around on his side.

His own family was there to spectate the game, and of course Autumn was sitting with the Underwoods because they were the only one who was keeping her covered. Nobody dared to start stuff with Romeo because of his notorious reputation now. The Underwoods took over a large majority of many of the production sites across the county. And with his family investing stocks into two of the newest lumber companies in the region.

Clearly the Underwood Family was something that should not be misunderstood, their family was strong and they were proud of what they accomplished. Romeo looked around and he said "Where did that girl run off too" because Carrie wasn't even there. However Carrie walked out into the field which apparently they came to because they wanted her. Well they initially wanted her to do the Anthem part because why not really.

Carrie had looked around at the people, it seemed like it was going to be a long night certainly however she was doing this for both sides really. Justin crossed his arms when he saw his cousin go out onto the field where he said "That woman is crazy". Meanwhile, Sierra was working with her team because they were mainly focused on some routines. They wanted to be ready, besides they were competing against some other school's cheer team.

Sierra took these competitions rather seriously, but she came from San Diego so it was always team vs team on the sidelines always, while on the field or court it was the same thing. Yes, she also did cheerleading for the basketball games back in San Diego as well. Yet now here she was, reentering the cheer industry once more and she said "Alright, new start". The past few days, she had been practicing with the team implanting some new routines.

Once the game started, it was now only game on until the last round and during the course of the entire game, Sierra had been maintaining things on the run. They had been working twice as hard because their own team was struggling now because of a rising issue. Someone's new boyfriend was starting issues with Justin and avoiding tossing the ball in his direction. And it was really starting to piss off the team because they were now losing.

Sierra went up to Kaitlyn and said "You better tell your dick boyfriend to start playing ball or else" which Kaitlyn replied "I don't need to listen to a bitch like you". Sierra grabbed Kaitlyn by her shirt and said "Listen you, you dumb blonde, you either start getting him in line". Kaitlyn replied "Or what city girl, you're all talk and never do". Sierra replied "Don't fucking tempt me, I ain't a city girl" which Kaitlyn replied "You ain't no country girl".

However Carrie got involved and said "She's more country than you ever could be Kaitlyn" which Kaitlyn could not believe that some celebrity was defending Sierra. But then again she remembered that she was also an Underwood so it made sense. Kaitlyn was frustrated now because she had no-choice but to get things aligned now. Sierra went back to her own routines and she continued to cheer for the team despite Kaitlyn's attempted sabotage.

However as the game went onto its half-time, Justin had gone to get some water now while their own band was showing off now while he was sitting. Sierra came up behind him and placed her arms around him and Justin chuckled as he replied "Hey darling". Sierra replied "I managed to get the situation under control, how's the game going". Justin replied "it's going, we're still behind because of that asshole trying to sabotage us, but we're catching up". 

Sierra nodded a bit now as she said "Well that's good, surprising Kaitlyn now listens to me after I threatened her stupid little ass". Of course the guy said "Don't call my girl stupid" which Sierra replied "She's blonde, so she's not stupid... she's dumb". The guy got up and he said "Listen here" but Justin got involved "You ain't doing shit". But what happened next, not anyone had expected to happen, the guy then said "I quit, you guys can find a new quarterback".

The guy left them on the hang line because now they had nobody to replace their quarterback and Justin had no idea on what they could do now. Justin then said "This is fucking great, our QB is out of the photo because his dumbass can't handle us criticizing Kaitlyn". Of course, Romeo who had been watching the whole situation unfolded. He went down and whispered something into the Coaches ear and the Coach nodded a bit now.

The Coach then said "Underwood, you're taking over as the quarterback. I don't care, I want you to win the damn game, I am not letting this year start off shitty". And Justin sighed and he said "You got it coach" and he looked at his team which it seemed like they were doomed. Yet they had to at least give him a chance on proving himself to them. When the game continued it seemed like all hope was lost with the new QB, just placed during the game. 

Yet when the wake of the final minutes remaining came up, the two teams were tied and neither side could achieve a point and with time ticking down. Justin came with a plan that was bound to fail but if it could be done right, they had the chance of scoring the points. It was a suicide attack back he was willing to go for the attempted touch down. Now all eyes were set on their team because if they had won, their season would start great.

As the game went on, it was a matter that both cheer teams were now watching as the final minutes went down to the remaining single digits and the tension was at its highest. They watched as the game went on and in the final minute mark, the plan was executed. As the final minutes had gone on, the team was distracted by the wide receiver. Justin had sneaked behind their lines nearing the goal, the wide receiver then threw the ball right before he was tackled.

The teams had watched as the ball flew and Justin had caught it in his grasp, and now he was the prime target and the team had gone after him now. Justin ran as fast as he could and by a slim few inches, the guy behind jumped too early. As soon as the guy hit the ground, Justin had made it into the goal scoring them the final points they needed. And just in perfect timing because the game had ended and they won the game by his insane tactic.

Only once was this tactic ever used successfully and it was when his father was in Football and he utilized the very same tactic on his senior game, well his final game. Justin reutilized the same strategy because it wasn't seen done in many years since his father did it. But once they did it, the enemy team called it unfair however both Coaches agreed that it was fair. However that didn't matter because, as his team was celebrating their Victory.

Let's just say that Sierra went up and hugged Justin now because of their own victory together, which she kept her grip on when his other teammates came up. While they had seen the two hug, only then one of them said "Underwood" and the two looked at them now. And all that happened is the guy then said "Listen, me and the guys want to apologize". He added "For how we've treated you and such, like the guy was just telling us bad things about you".

Justin had chuckled a bit and he said "About time you apologize" as he took his helmet off before he said "Now excuse me" as he grabbed Sierra and he kissed her. Which the guys were expecting this to happen because, come on it's an Underwood. It's their signature to do something like this if they were in the football team. Yet his family came down to greet him, well his family and Sierra's mother, they were in a good mood rather so.

However now it was the matter of what's coming next now, because they had their photo taken for the newspaper, well maybe that could improve their stance with the town.