Chapter XIX | Prepping for the Dance

It was only a few days before their big home-coming game and Sierra was in Nashville with Carrie now, it was the first outing that she had with the woman. Let alone, the fact that Skye was also with them, but Skye had her own taste in shopping. Skye mainly tagged along so she could get some more gothic clothing for her closet. Meanwhile Carrie had taken her to one of the more known dress stores for them to be shopping.

Although while the two were looking, they heard talking and they went to look and Kaitlyn was talking about something with her friends. They heard her stating they had the home-coming game planned and that her school was going to defeat Oak Heart. Carrie had wanted to go to Kaitlyn now, however Sierra had stopped her now. But Kaitlyn saw Carrie and she said "Wait is that" and her friends saw Carrie and well they became sort of the fan-girl now.

Although when they came over to Carrie, they saw her with Sierra which Kaitlyn said "What the hell are you doing here Sierra" Carrie replied "Im taking her dress shopping". She added "I have to help her get her homecoming dress after all". Kaitlyn stated "Who the hell would ask a creature like you out to homecoming, Anderson". Carrie then said "My nephew" then Kaitlyn said "So, Justin's standards lowered ten times, nice knowing he's desperate".

Carrie added "Nah they've improved ten times, you're the desperate one. Both you and your boyfriend changed schools because of the fact you guys couldn't cause any drama". Kaitlyn denied all allegations from Carrie and stated that they were untrue. However deep down they all knew that Carrie was right, Kaitlyn and her boyfriend changed schools due to that. They couldn't harass Justin and Sierra so they moved to a new school to continue it. 

Kaitlyn only said "Whatever, besides we all know whatever dress she wears, she'll never ever be able to pull it off" well Sierra replied "Oh yeah well you're wrong". She added "I wasn't nominated the prom queen of San Diego, in a three year streak". Kaitlyn replied "So, it doesn't mean anything in your new town, besides you and Justin will never make the ballot". Carrie stated "Kaitlyn you ain't even at the school anymore so shut your ugly mouth". 

Sierra then said "Carrie, how much money do you got to spend" Carrie replied "Well I got fifty thousand sitting in an account but that's like my emergency funds". She asked "What's the most expensive dress store around here" and Kaitlyn realized what she was doing. Carrie replied "Uh well, I ain't keen but I know Paris Fashion Boutique is a good one". Sierra stated "Okay then we're going there then" and she went off with Carrie now.

Kaitlyn just said "What just happened" and one of her own friends said "It seems like you now have some competition Kaitlyn, you messed with the wrong woman apparently". Kaitlyn said "Ah forget about her, again the odds of her ever making the ballot is low". Meanwhile with Carrie and Sierra, the two had arrived at the boutiques. One of the workers said "Oh this is the surprise, to have a presence like you in here Carrie. Who is this?".

Carrie stated "Oh this is just my cousin's girlfriend, I'm just helping her get her dress for homecoming" and the worker then asked "So what's your name dear". Sierra replied "its Sierra" and the worker nodded "You got a last name or what?". Carrie replied "She prefers to be just called Sierra" and the worker nodded a bit now. Then the worker said "Well, come with me and I'll certainly get started on finding the perfect dress for the moment".

Sierra stated "I want something at least strapless and something that would be eye-catching" and the worker said "Well that helps me down a bit". The worker was going through their wide variety and he was thinking to himself on what he could do. Eventually he found it and he said "I think we found the dress for you" and he pulled it out. The dress was a strapless dress, it had its own little flare and it had sparkly rhinestones going all across the front.

Sierra replied "Hmm but would it fit me because I would need something that'll fit my body" as she looked down, she sort of hated having the body she had. It wasn't easy being pear-shaped because it made things harder when it came to finding clothes. She had to compensate for her hips, which is why she had issues with shopping. The worker then said "Well you can certainly try the dress on to make sure it fits" Sierra nodded at that part now.

Sierra had gone to try the dress on and eventually she came out wearing it and she said "So uh what do you think Carrie" and Carrie looked now. Carrie said "Well if Justin was here, he'd be loving it and I know that for damn sure" she chuckled a bit. Before she said "Nah it looks perfect on you, you can certainly send Kaitlyn a run for her money". Carrie nodded and she said "We'll buy the dress then" and the man nodded a bit now.

Skye was watching from a distance as she seemed rather unimpressed with what they were doing, but once they walked out of the store, they were walking. Skye of course saw some beauty parlor and she just walked by it. However Sierra grabbed her and dragged her into the parlor now which Sky seemed annoyed that she was doing this. But really it was about time that she at least got some work done on her nails.

Now it was a matter of getting through today, but tomorrow held another case because it was an event unlike anything else, unaware to Sierra, tomorrow would be something new. One thing she never knew about Oak heart, well she was about to introduce their own tradition. Carrie asked Sierra "So are you ready for the parade tomorrow" and Sierra looked at her. Sierra said "Parade?" Carrie nodded and she said "It's a part of our tradition".

Carrie added "Plus its how people get their intro to the ballets for the Homecoming King and Queen, which will be announced at the game that same night". Sierra seemed nervous now, before she said "I never really... been in some parade". Skye chuckled and she said "Good luck you're gonna need it Sierra" Carrie nodded a bit and she said "Yea it goes through town". Now tomorrow is going to be a long day for her now.