Chapter XX | Oak Heart Tradition

The following day during school, Sierra was trying to ease herself but Justin held her hand since he knew that she was nervous about today. She then said "So what is this parade about" and Justin said "It's some tradition our town does here". He added "It's something that we do for all of our homecoming games" and Sierra nodded a bit now. She asked "So do we have to get things ready for the parade?" Justin replied "Nah, my parents got it covered".

Meanwhile at home, Carrie was working with Romeo and Amethyst on getting the truck ready for the two because the two were gonna be in the truck's bed for the parade. Seeming like everything was coming along, they also sent Justin and Sierra with their prom clothes. Now they weren't wearing it for their parade but they wore their own clothing. Justin and Sierra were gonna wear their team clothing for the parade.

He'll wear his football uniform while his girlfriend will be wearing her cheer outfit, but while they were working, Romeo had said "I think we're ready for the parade". Amethyst nodded a bit before she said "Yeah, I agree. I think this parade will be better than last year". It was only long until the time had come, eventually Romeo and Amethyst got into the truck. Carrie said "Have fun you two" and Romeo nodded in return and they left now.

In the meantime, Justin and Sierra were working on getting in their uniforms and eventually the two re-met again outside which Sierra said "Looking good darling". Justin nodded before she said "I agree darling, you look great as well" and they were talking. And while they were talking, they were sitting on the steps to the school waiting. Justin then asked "So are you ready for tonight's game darling?" and Sierra replied "it's gonna be a game alright". 

Justin nodded a bit before he said "I wonder what my parents have in mind for the parade" and Sierra replied "Yeah, I'm just concerned on how the town is going to react". Justin replied "We'll be fine darling, besides at this point we've been together for a month now". Sierra nodded when there was a honk and the truck had pulled up, which Justin and Sierra ran over. Rome said "Alright we decked out the bed for y'all, just sit back and enjoy the ride".

Sierra and Justin had gone and got into the bed of the truck now and they took their own position, which now it was time for them to catch up. Besides, it was sort of a few minutes since the rest of them departed but it should be easy for them anyways. They eventually caught up, and now Sierra said "Alright seems like we're going through the main town". Justin nodded and he said "Just smile and wave darling, just smile and wave". 

Sierra had taken his advice now because it was best that she had done this now, and it seemed like it was going quite well now for her, when they were going by the tavern. She noticed that Elizabeth and Autumn were standing together and Elizabeth chuckled a bit. Elizabeth shouted "You two better get the King and Queen title" as Justin replied "We'll try". Autumn stated "Don't disappoint me Sierra" and Sierra replied "Oh I won't mother".

While the parade had continued, the two were relaxing and enjoying each others company in the meantime and Sierra said "So do you think we'll have a chance". Justin replied "Oh we totally do my darling angel" he then said "It'd be bad if they didn't give us it". Sierra chuckled a bit before she said "Right, I could agree with that". Although while the parade continued, they were discussing some stuff and what made no-sense is the practically made loop. 

When they arrived back at the school, it seemed like it was roughly now the time for the planned homecoming game. Justin departed from his girlfriend, he had gone to meet up with his team and Sierra had gone to meet up with the cheer team. It seemed like now the game was nearing soon, but it wasn't quite exactly time yet. They had to get things ready before the game actually started, across the field was the rivaling school.

Kaitlyn was standing with her team as she looked across the field at Sierra and them and she yelled across "You're still a worthless bag of skin" when Justin was about to get up. One of his own guys stopped him and said "She ain't worth it Justin". Another added "She and her boyfriend are an embarrassment to our school, they'll lose this game". Justin nodded now, which made it seemed like his team had his back now.

Justin then said "Y'know my girlfriend is trying to get crowned as the Homecoming Queen" which his teammate said "Well, I will tell you this". The guy added "My friend on the committee was looking at the ballets and you and your girlfriend are on the ballet". Justin chuckled a bit before he said "Just question on who the hell will vote for us". And their wide receiver stated "hey now, there are plenty of folks who would vote for you".

Which Justin replied "Listen all I want to do is get through with the game, after all me and Sierra are primarily looking to get out of this". The guy nodded a bit and he said "Well good luck out, we're all gonna need it tonight" and Justin nodded in agreement. He stated "Time to impress, say when are they supposed to reveal the queen and king for us". The guy replied "At the half-time they'll be revealing the chosen king and queen". 

When the game had begun, Justin and his team went off onto the field, where he took his position when Kaitlyn's boyfriend told him "What are you doing here". He added "You should just leave now, before you embarrass your own team". However, one of the guys on Rome's team just said "Yeah well you're the biggest humiliation since 1978". Now it was game on, only they could home that the two could make it through with their homecoming game.

Fate can only tell what happens across the game, it seemed like that right now the main concern was making it through tonight and whatever happens tonight. Sierra's own determination would help her own team keep up with their rivals. And well it doesn't help that her mother was watching from the crowd, the pressure was there. Not from everyone else, but her mother, and his family as well.

They only have to make it till the half-way point really, to see who is being crowned the king and queen, but that's a long wait throughout the game.