Chapter- 7 Resignation

Authors POV

After one month

Shourya started learning without fear after Krishna Mehta's advice and she is patiently teaching him, albeit coldly, as we know.

"Miss. Aadhya, it's time for the meeting," Shourya said as he entered her office and she nodded, standing up from the chair to go to the meeting room.

Shourya was reporting work while they both were walking to the meeting room.

Suddenly, Shourya skipped his step and was about to fall, but he balanced himself.
However, while balancing, he touched Aadhya, for which she took 3 steps back until her back touched the side wall.

"I am sorry, madam," Shourya apologized as soon as he composed himself, and panicked Aadhya nodded slightly, leaning on the wall to balance herself.

Due to the sudden touch, all her nerves activated, leaving her panicked and her trembling hands left Shourya questioning himself for what happened.

She quickly controlled her panic and went to the meeting room along with Shourya.

"Why don't you socialize with all the people, Miss Aadhya? In that way, we can get more projects," one of the board members asked, a little irritated.

"Why don't you understand that it's not socializing but working nature which can get us more projects," she retorted smoothly.

"But people expect us to entertain them to give us projects. And we need to obey them for that."

"You mean entertain them in a hotel room?" she asked sarcastically, and no one opened their mouths to reply.

"If that is what they want, I don't need their projects," she stated dangerously, not leaving any space to argue.

"Just remember, our company is already known for its best dedication towards our work. And let me remind you just in case you forgot, our turnover already doubled last year and the projects we got from last year can increase our profit triple."
"And also don't forget the fact that I have been winning the best young entrepreneur award continuously for the last four years."

Like that, the meeting was completed with a lot of her savage and smooth remarks.

Every day Shourya was learning something new about her, and today he learned how fearless and bold she is.

"What are the next meetings, Shourya?" she asked as she relaxed in her chair after the board of members left from the meeting room.

"You have two meetings right now with two project teams, one after another. And a lunch appointment with our client at Rainbow restaurant," he informed.

"Ok, call the first project team. I will wait here," she replied.

"Ok, Miss. Aadhya," he answered and stood up to leave, but stopped at the door and started walking back to Aadhya.

"Why are you coming back?" Aadhya asked, sitting straight as Shourya reached her.

He raised his hand, and Aadhya flinched. No matter how many years passed by, fear in her never died down as it made a permanent place in all her nerves.

He took the file from the table which is placed in front of Aadhya and said, "for this."

She took a sigh of relief when he stepped back after taking the file.

He confusedly walked back as he didn't understand why she always flinches when he or anyone comes near her.

But whenever he sees her, he feels like he saw her somewhere else, like he knows her.