Chapter- 26 Ruining her happiness

Author's POV

"What is it, angel?" Aadhya asked curiously, as Rose was looking so confident, like she really had the best gift.

Rose took out a ribbon from her small side bag and stuck it to her forehead as she said, "It's me," while putting both her hands under her chin and smiling cutely, which made everyone laugh.

"I am the best so I want to gift myself to you," she chirped, and Aadhya hugged her.

"Indeed, you're the best gift I could ever ask for," she said as she kissed the top of her head lovingly.

Looking at their smiling faces, Shourya had an urge to embrace both of them. Unknowingly, he developed a great bond with Rose. like whenever Rose smiles, his world lights up.

"Sir, dinner is ready," a maid said to Krishna.

"Come on, let's have dinner," Krishna remarked, and they all went to the dining table.

After eating, Aadhya took Rose to her room, as she was tired and sleepy.

She helped Rose change her clothes, removed all the clips from her hair, and made her lie down and sit on the bed.

"Mamma," Rose whined and snuggled to her lap, holding her saree pallu tightly.

Aadhya leaned back, patting Rose's back, to make her sleep while closing her eyes. She felt peaceful for a few minutes, but soon that peace turned into panic as she heard a faded voice, which made her alert.

She looked down at Rose, who fell asleep. She caressed her hair, carefully removed her head from her lap, and put it on the pillow slowly. Then she gently loosened her grip on her saree.

After confirming she was asleep, Aadhya walked to the balcony and looked down to see who, and it was Vikram making a fuss there while the security guard was trying to send him out. 

He pushed the security guard down and started walking in. 

She was about to turn around to go out and make him leave, but another figure caught her attention, and she stood still, looking at Shourya walking to him.

"Who are you? Why are you creating a fuss here?" Shourya questioned me madly. 

From where Aadhya stood, she could hear them clearly.

"I am Vikram, Diya's husband, and who are you?" Vikram spat.

"You don't have to know me, but it's not Diya's house but Aadhya's," Shourya remarked sharply.

"She is the same woman, and I am her husband, but who are you? Why are you here?" He yelled, and Aadhya gripped the railing tightly when she heard him yelling. He used to yell at her every day, which made her afraid of him or any other man.

"Well, Mr. Vikram, you were, but not now. You are her ex-husband, so you don't have any fucking right to come here and talk nonsense," Shourya growled.

"So, you knew everything; that means you are with her, don't you?" he spat and Shourya chose to stay silent.

"So, she didn't stop whoring around," Vikram shouted and a tight slap landed on his cheek.

"Don't you dare!" Shourya growled. "Don't you fucking dare talk about her with your filthy mouth."

"How dare you slap me?" Vikram raised his hand to hit him, but Shourya held his hand and slapped his cheek again, which made him fall to the ground.

"You---" Vikram was about to curse him but stopped when he saw Aadhya on the balcony. He stood up immediately to play the victim card.