Chapter- 23 A painful betrayal

Yayy double update  💃💃

Here is another update (A longer chapter than usual), as many of you asked 🥰

Just note that this is the first and last time I am giving a double update on this story. Please don't ask me again, as I feel so bad when I can't grant your wishes, my dears...🥺

Happy reading ❤️

***

Shourya's POV

"How dare you yell at me?" She howled and raised her hand to slap me, and I closed my eyes, expecting the pain, but a hand stopped her hand, and I looked at her beside me and saw Miss Aadhya holding my aunt's hand.

Didn't she leave with Siya?

"You can't hit him in front of me," she remarked with authority. She stood so strong, and her eyes were fierce. Her aura is intimidating. 

Her grip around my aunt's hand was firm, which earned a low hiss of discomfort from my aunt, and Aadhya pushed her hand back forcefully while glaring at her.

"Who are you?" my aunt huffed as she fisted her hand in defeat.

"I am his boss," Ms. Aadhya stated with a strong voice like a queen.

"So, what? You don't have a right to stop me. I am his aunt," she yelled, and I saw Aadhya's eyes turning mad, and I know it's dangerous if she gets mad and my aunt is also mad.

"It's ok, Ms. Aadhya, you go in, please; I will settle this," I said, and I put all the money in my aunt's hand as I said, "I will transfer some more to you in the evening."

I don't want my aunt to create any fuss here because of me.

"Stop it, Shourya," Aadhya roared loudly, and I looked at her, taken aback. "You are being too kind."

"Too much kindness only gives you immense pain," she remarked, and I can sense she really meant it.

"Kindness?" my aunt scoffed, and I shifted my gaze to her, who was glaring at Aadhya.

"We raised him, and he is just returning our favor," she howled.

"Seriously?" Aadhya raised her eyebrows. "You raised him because you are kind or for your own benefits?"

"What are you talking about?" My aunt yelled, trying to be brave, and I saw my aunt gulping and my uncle trying to drag her to take her home.

"Ms. Aadhya, please go in," I tried to say, but she was in a serious staring competition with my aunt.

"Should I remind you why you raised him?" she asked. Her eyes are looking at my aunt madly, like she wants to kill her.

"Ms. Aadhya, they really raised me, please." I tried to convince her to go back, as I didn't want her to fight with my aunt.

"Should I tell him why you raised him?" Aadhya raised her eyebrows challengingly, and my aunt took a step back. 

"What are you talking about, Ms. Aadhya?" I exclaimed. "My uncle likes me and treats me as his son," I remarked, as I don't want to embarrass my family in the middle of the road.

"Boy, you need to grow up and see the world. Here, no one likes others without their benefit," she said.

"But they did raise me and my uncle--- " My voice stopped as she interrupted me.

"If he likes you and treats you as his son, why did you live in the orphanage 10 months after your mom's death? Why did he only come to you after 10 months?" She asked, and I clearly saw both my uncle's and aunt's faces changing, and my aunt gulped down.