Chapter- 13 Never her mistake

Aadhya's POV

"Diya," she yelled as I reached down. Siya and Shourya also followed me. Good thing that most of the employees left for home.

"Why are you here again?" I asked her calmly, controlling my raising heart.

"What do you mean? I am your mother," she roared.

Oh, she remembers, but I don't remember a single incident where she acted as a mother.

"I think you cut ties with me 7 years ago when I came to your home after being dumped by a douchebag with whom you married me off," I remarked in a single breath.

"Diyaaa," she yelled.

Why is she yelling here?

"Aadhya. It's Aadhya. I have told you many times and I am telling you now again Diya died the day you abandoned her."

"Diya, it's not the time to fight. Your father is lying there in the hospital bed suffering from cancer," she shouted.

I know that, and I am paying his medical expenses which their dear son refused to pay.

"What do you want me to do? He is your husband, and that is your family problem," I said lightly.

"How can you talk like that about your father? He was asking for you every day," she yelped.

"Why? Is there anything left that he wants to destroy?"

"Diya," she shouted again.

"Truth hurts, Miss. Mona. You lost that Diya who endured childhood trauma, differentiation, forced marriage... you lost her the day you chose your pride over her life," I commented.

"You are seriously making me do this," she howled and was about to slap me, but Siya held her hand and pushed her back while Shourya reacted fast and stood in front of me like a tower protecting me from her attack.

"It's ok, Shourya," I remarked and patted his shoulder asking him to move aside.

Siya was guarding me vigilantly while Shourya was ready to throw hands if she made any moves.

"I shouldn't have given birth to you," she cried.

"Trust me, that's what I think every day," I said and my voice broke at last.
"You shouldn't have given birth to me when you aren't capable of raising a child."

I said and turned around to leave. I just don't want to deal with this mess again.

Sometimes I just want to die. Everything will end if I die.

"Miss. Aadhya," I heard when I was walking aimlessly. I bit back all my emotions before looking at Shourya.

"Shall we leave?" he asked as he reached me.

"Yeah," I replied and my voice came out hoarse.

"Why are you going up again?" he asked, stopping me from walking.

"My bag and phone," I whispered blankly.

"Siya will bring them. Let's go to the parking lot first," he remarked.

"Hmm," I hummed and started walking to the parking lot.

I didn't want to take the elevator, so I just walked downstairs like a lost woman and I could sense Shourya following me silently.

As we reached the parking lot, I saw Siya waiting for us, standing at the car.

Shourya opened the car door for me and I sat down. After they both climbed in, Shourya started the car.