Chapter- 17 Not afraid anymore

Author's POV

"Aadhya," Krishna called and his expression is serious like he is going to say something important.

"Yes, dad," she responded, shifting her gaze from Rose to him.

"I met my old friend recently; his son is good, and he was working in a MNC company as a senior business executive. If you are ok, go and meet him," he said.

"Dad!" she sighed irritably.

"Just meet him, Aadhya. He is a good guy; you might like him and I am not forcing you to marry him, just go and meet and try to be friends. We will only go further if you like him," he tried to convince her.

She took a deep breath closing her eyes, her hand fisted on the couch.

Shourya, who heard all the discussion, thought 'I hope she finds the right person, and will be happy always.'

"Will see," she muttered lightly and stood up then walked upstairs without looking at her dad back.

"This girl," Krishna sighed helplessly.

.

.

.

The next day after dropping Rose in school, they head to the office.

If you think she has been nice to Shourya like back at home, you are mistaken. She is the same cold boss in the office.

"The work is so boring. Never have I ever got entertainment in the office like my friends who are working for other companies," Shourya heard some of the employees talking at the elevator when he was waiting to go up after delivering a file to the general manager.

"Bro, you are here to work not to get entertainment," another one remarked.

"Yeah, I know, but everyone needs a break once in a while from hectic work and don't forget the fact that these days they were not even planning a team lunch either," the first person said and walked into the elevator as the doors opened. Shourya also got into the elevator and went to his floor.

Shourya came to his office but his thoughts were filled with the conversation he heard at the elevator.

He got busy enquiring what he heard and thought it would be better if they got breaks from work like some fun activities.

He went to Aadhya with the files she needed to sign.

He knocked on the door and went in after hearing a faint come-in from her.

"Here are the files you need to check, Miss Aadhya," he said as he placed a few files on the table.

"And I need your signs on these reports," he said, putting two reports in front of her.

She checked and signed on the reports and gave them back to him.

"I will check this later," she remarked, and he nodded.

"Is there anything else," she asked without lifting her eyes from the file.

"Yeah, Miss Aadhya," he replied, gathering all the strength he has.

"What is it?" she asked, lightly while signing on the documents.

He took a deep breath and practiced what he prepared to say to her in his mind before speaking.

"Miss. Aadhya, our employees feeling bored to work," he started, and she looked at him with her big eyes which made him stutter, "I mean they need some entertainment once in a while to boost up their energy to work hard," he completed in a single breath.