Chapter- 15 It's her

Shourya's POV

"I know that, but who was Diya?"

Netra took a deep breath, closing her eyes for a few seconds before saying.

"She was a woman who was betrayed by everyone in her life and was assaulted by her boss, and still people called her whore," she said.

The sadness, the anger, the grief, the angst, I can't explain all the emotions I felt right at that moment. It was so painful to hear that.

How painful it was for her.

"I heard she filed a case against Anurag, who was ex-CEO of AR interiors. Is he that boss you are talking about?" I asked her, holding my breath.

"Yes, he raped her first but when she filed a complaint, they didn't take it seriously, so after five years, after Dhruv's case, she again filed a case against him through me and won the lawsuit. He was sentenced to 5 years."

"She also took a legal action against her ex-husband for marital rape and domestic violence, but they claimed it was not illegal and he won't be prosecuted for marital rape and there is no evidence for domestic violence either."

"She also pressed charges against her ex-best friend who leaked her personal, or rather, her nude videos on the internet, and the court sentenced her to 2 years. She will be released in the next three months," she informed.

And my hands fisted the armrest of the chair tightly until my knuckles turned white and my throat went dry. I don't know how she is still living after these many things; she is brave, I must say.

"The things I told you are not even 50% of what she has gone through and I don't want to tell you the rest," she said, forwarding a water glass to me.

"Have some, you are looking so pale," she remarked, and I took the water glass and gulped down all the water.

"If you want to know more about her, go and find old newspapers from seven years ago. It's November, I guess. Not all the things written in the paper are true but are partially. After reading them, you will have an idea about her past," she suggested, and I nodded in a daze.

"Thank you for telling me, Miss Netra. Thank you so much," I thanked her, and she nodded with a smile.

I soon reached the library, which I regularly visit, and I asked the librarian about the old newspapers. He took me to the corner racks and showed me racks full of newspapers and told me to search for them by myself.

I started searching. As they were too old, a layer of dust on top of them. I dusted off the papers and started finding the one I needed. I am so desperate to find that I forgot hunger and thirst.

It took me two hours to find the correct one and then I found a series of papers which had connected news about her, and I sat down with them to read.

In the first paper, it said that an interior designer Diya was raped by her boss, and in the second paper, it was written that she filed a case against him, but on the third day's paper; they wrote she was a whore and seduced her boss by giving hints and now filing a complaint for publicity because he didn't give her enough money, and they were blaming her.

This world is so sick. How can you blame women for what a man did to her? And they say women should close their legs when it is clearly men who need to keep it in his pants.

And then there is another news about her after a week, in that it was written that someone released her nude videos on the internet. But people are bashing her... how ironic it is.

Why do they have to blame the victim but not the accuser?

It was like after 20 days, there was news about her again. It said that she was kidnapped by a sex racket gang.