Chapter- 9 Past Betrayals!

Shourya's POV

"Not only for today, but thanks for all the times you saved me," she remarked slowly.

Ha! When did I save her?

Before I could ask when, I heard a ring from my phone and it's not my personal phone but the office phone and the one who called was from my landline phone in the office.

It must be Rose.

She signaled me to go, and I walked out, glancing at her one last time.

Why is she having a panic attack?

It was so sad to see her vulnerable. Even though I didn't like her for being cold and rude, I surely don't like or want to see her suffering like that.

Rose was sitting on my table, doing her homework, when I walked to my office.

"How did you climb up there?" I asked as I reached her.

"Simple. I climbed your chair, then the table," she grinned and I smiled at her cuteness.

"Shourya, could you check this problem, if I solved it right or not?" she asked, and I nodded.

I sat on my chair, and she forwarded her book to check.

"You solved it?" I asked, impressed as she solved a critical math problem.

"Very good, Rose, I am proud of you," I smiled and patted her head, for which she smiled brightly.

"Shourya, I have something for you," she said suddenly and started searching in her bag.

"What is it?" I asked, observing her.

"This," she exclaimed and took out a card from her bag and gave it to me.

"I prepared it for you."

I took the card and glanced at it to see what it was.

"You made this for me?" I asked, surprised.

"Yeah, it's a friendship card," she replied.

It's a card with a heading 'Thanks, Shourya, for being friends with Rose'.

She drew a few diagrams and decorated them with colored pencils.

"Thank you, Rose," I said and hugged her as I stood up from the chair.

I was really touched by her love. She is such a sweet girl.

"Friends won't say thank you's and sorry's," she said sweetly, and I smiled.

After that, we were engrossed in our work until someone knocked on my door and entered my office.

I raised my head to see who, and it was Miss Aadhya, standing at the door.

"Rose, it's time to go home," she remarked.

Rose, who is coloring her book, nodded saying "coming, mom."

I held her when she was about to jump from the table.

"It's dangerous," I commented and picked her up, then put her down.

"Pack your work, Shourya," she said to me.

"It will take some time, madam. You can go," I replied, looking up at her.

"It's ok, we will wait," she remarked and walked in.

"Yes, we can wait," Rose also agreed immediately.

I nodded and started packing up my work.

"Have you completed your homework?" Ms. Aadhya asked Rose as she picked her up and placed her on my desk, and kissed her forehead lovingly.