Chapter- 22 Realizing feelings

Shourya's POV

We were walking on the way beside the playground where the students were playing basketball.

"Ms. Aadhya!" I yelled and stepped in front of her, holding her shoulders, as I saw a ball coming in her direction.

I closed my eyes, expecting the hit, but even after 3 minutes, I didn't feel the pain, so I opened my eyes and looked at Aadhya, who was looking at me with raised eyebrows.

"Ball," I mumbled. 

I stepped away from her and saw the ball in her hand. She actually caught it before it hit me. I looked down, embarrassed.

"You can just catch the ball. No need for this heroic act of yours," she muttered and stepped away, then threw the ball at the student who was waiting for it. He caught the ball and thanked her before running from there.

I know, but what can I do? It was my instant reaction to stop her from hurting. You can only react like this when you think your loved ones are about to be hurt, right?

Wait, did I say loved ones?

Do I love her?

No. A big no.

She is my boss; how can I love her?

No, I can't.

"What are you doing there, Shourya? Come!" Aadhya exclaimed as she walked further from there, and I was still standing there, lost in my thoughts.

"Yes, Ms. Aadhya," I replied and rushed to her.

After that, we attended another meeting in a restaurant.

I was lost in my thoughts all the time, even though I was present in the meeting physically.

"Madam, can you drive home? I have something to take care of," I remarked as we walked out of the restaurant after the meeting.

She looked at me puzzled, still nodded, and took the car keys from me, then drove off.

I went to Arun's place in a taxi. He is the only one with whom I can share my feelings.

"What, Shourya? What is it?" he asked. "It's been one hour since you were here, but you didn't utter a single word, and why are you so devastated?"

I don't know what to tell him, but I want to share what's going on inside my head. Can I say I love Ms. Aadhya? But do I really love her? Is it okay for me to love her?

"Did Ms. Aadhya fire you?" he questioned.

"No," I replied immediately.

"Then what? How will I know if you don't say anything?"

"Did she scold you so badly that you ended up here to cry?"

"No!" I exclaimed.

"Shourya, what is it? Tell me," he demanded.

"I think I am in love with Ms. Aadhya," I blurted out.

Yes, if I see my actions or my thoughts towards her, they all changed. I don't know when I started falling for her, but I did. I don't know if it is love, but I want to see her smile always. I want her to have the happy life she deserves. I don't know if it's love, but my blood boils whenever someone blames her for what happened to her in the past, and anger rushes into me thinking about those monsters.

I am behaving differently around her, like I am thinking about her even when I am with other people. I always crave to look at her, and I am stepping before her whenever someone tries to touch her because I sense that she hates it if someone touches her.