Chapter- 8 Panic Attack

Aadhya's POV

"What is this, Shourya?" I asked when he put a cover on my desk.

"My resignation," he replied sternly.

I raised my eyes and looked at him. The look on his face was determined. I then glanced at the resignation letter.

"Reason?"

"How can I work here when you clearly don't trust me, Miss Aadhya?" he said.

"I am your personal assistant, so we need to have mutual trust to work together, but you don't trust me."

"Who said I don't trust you with work? Of course, I trust you with your work," I remarked.

"But earlier you said you don't trust me?" he asked, puzzled.

"Yeah, I did, but I said I don't trust you with my safety but didn't say I don't trust your working ability," I clarified.

"What's the difference?"

"I can trust you with my company, with everything related to work, with the important business deals. I even trust you with my bank account, but I can't trust you with my safety."

"And that's because of my personal issue," I explained patiently, and he stood there silently for a minute.

How can I trust one after my assistant and driver both chose to betray me? And because of them, I lost Anshu. Now, I don't dare to trust them again. I have Rose to protect.

"I don't understand, Miss. Aadhya, are you saying you trust me or not?" he remarked.
"It doesn't matter. I don't want to work here," he muttered after a pause.

"That's not up to you to decide, Mr. Shourya," I smirked, going back to my usual cold self.

"What do you mean?"

"Didn't you read the contract while signing when you were recruited?" I asked, and he looked confused.

"Did you forget that you wrote a 1-year bond?" I asked, and his face changed, I think he remembered about the bond and consequences of breaking it.

"So, you can't leave here until one year and even after that you can't be relieved immediately. You are in a special position as my assistant, so you have to wait until I find someone to replace you," I stated, making him dumbfounded.

"You may leave now, Shourya," I said and started working on my computer, ignoring him.

He stood there for two minutes, digesting what he heard then turned around to leave.

"One more thing," I yelped, and he stopped on his track.

"It's not the old generation. You don't have to write your resignation letter on paper like in old movies. You have to put your resignation in your computer with your login id and then you have to wait for my approval as you are directly working under me," I said, and he nodded before leaving.

Trust?

I want to trust too, but I can't.

I was so distracted, still trying to work, when I heard a knock.

"Come in," I said as I composed myself straight.

It's Shourya. I think I hurt him, but what can I do? That's how I am.

A heartless woman.

"I need your signature on this file, Madam," he said professionally, without even making eye contact.

He came near me and put the file in front of me. I was reading it before signing the document when Rose barged into my office. She directly came here after the school.