Chapter XI: My Resolve! [PART II]

PREVIOUSLY ON THE TIME OF MAN

"Juvia is touched!" Juvia exclaimed with her heart eyes, looking at Y/N in the real world.

"Hey guys, we brought food!" Mira said behind her were Cana, Silvia and Elfman.

"Huh?" Mira stopped as she stared at the bento box, and Y/N said, "Honey.....who gave you that bento?" asked Mira with a dangerous smile.

"Think you might know her already, considering your chat with Cana," Y/N said matter-of-factly.

"Ah," Cana sighed, "You do realize what this means, right?" asked Cana, staring at Y/N with a pout.

"Well, I'm not there yet," Y/N said with a sigh, looking at the box, "But at least she's making an effort; it's all up to her now to make the first appearance."

PRESENT TIME

~Third Person POV~

"Silvia, Nashi, Erza, Y/N," came Loke's voice; they stopped eating their lunch and turned around to see Loke holding Lucy's key pouch, "Could you give these to Lucy for me? They're her keys."

"I was wondering why you hadn't been around lately!" retorted Silvia.

"You were looking for these the whole time?" asked Nashi.

"Are you okay? You look pale..." Happy asked.

"Thanks," Loke replied, "I'm fine."

"Whew, being a gentleman is tough," Loke murmured.

Y/N raised an eyebrow in response, "Really?" he asked.

"Lucy doesn't seem to be here," Erza said as she looked around, "Maybe she still hurts too much to be up and about."

"We could go pay her a visit then," Y/N shrugged.

"You should come too, Loke," Nashi said with a smile.

"I'll pass," Loke said, "I'm no good around celestial wizards."

"Really? Even though this is Lucy we're talking about?" asked Nashi with a frown.

"Nashi," Erza chidded, "Everyone has strengths and weaknesses; Don't pry too much."

The rest watched as Loke walked away with a depressed mood.

~ TEN MINUTES LATER~

LUCY'S APARTMENT

"Lucy!" Happy exclaimed as he pushed the door open to Lucy's apartment.

"How ya doing?!" asked Nashi with a massive smile behind Happy.

"Don't go just bursting through the door! Knock first!!" Silvia exclaimed as she followed them in.

Y/N and Erza sigh in response.

"At least we got rid of their bad habit of going through the window and the walls," Erza shook her head with a smile.

"Yeah, there's that," Y/N also retorted with a smile.

The group looked around the modest brick-layered apartment with a single king bed next to a dining table with four chairs. 

Two windows faced the Magnolia River. 

Below one window was a desk and chair; books and writing equipment were stored on it. Opposite the desk was a fireplace, and in the middle were two bookshelves with various personal items like a plant, photo frames and a flower pot. Above the bookshelf were two paintings.

The bookshelves were flanked by two doors with green curtains touching the floor, presumably leading to the kitchen and bathroom.