Chapter II: Phantom Lord?

Previously on Time of Man

As the group came closer towards the guild, they started hearing the whispers of the people of Magnolia.

"Are those Fairy Tail wizards?" "I guess they don't know what happened?" and many other whispers came from the people that were watching the group.

"Why is everybody staring at us?" Silvia asked.

"It's not the good kinda staring," Happy said, looking around as the people were staring.

"Feels like pity..." Erza said in a soft voice.

They continued walking till the saw a big shadow in the distance, which was in the general direction of their guild hall.

"What? Why does the guild look so bizarre?!" Erza asked as she stopped walking.

When the others noticed it, they quickly started running towards the guild.

"N-No way...." Silvia said as her eyes were wide open.

"What's happened to it?" Erza asked with a shocked expression.

"No..." Lucy gasped, "I don't understand...." she said.

The group was in shock of what lay in front of them.

Present Time

~Third Person POV~

"Our guild....." Nashi looked at the now destroyed guild with anger, "Someone did this to our guild!" she said as her anger built up, her body shaking in rage.

"But who would do such a thing?" Erza asked with a frown.

"It was Phantom," a familiar female voice said from behind them.

They turn around to see, Mira standing behind them. Her expression was grave.

"Are you serious?" Silvia asked.

 "You mean Phantom did this?" Nashi asked looking over her shoulder, her expression still filled with rage.

"We couldn't do anything to stop them," Mira said with a sad tone, "Y/N was still on his date with Cana, they got us good."

~Short Timeskip~

The group was now walking down some stairs leading to the basement.

What was used as storage, was now for the members to nurse their broken spirits.

"We've never been on the best of terms with those Phantom jerks but come on!" Jet exclaimed.

"Wanna teach them a lesson?" Droy asked.

"Back off you guys, don't you think we're in enough trouble already?" Levy said with a worried look as the group was sitting around a table.

"Hmmm..." Lucy hummed with a sad expression.

"Yo! What's up kids?" Master Makarov said while holding his hand up, and having a cup of booze in the other; he is drunk. He was currently, perched on a box with his legs crossed.

Behind him, the job request board was standing.

"Uhhhh...Hi," Lucy said, holding her hand up to her mouth. Confused with the turn of events.

"Sorry, we weren't here sooner," Erza said.

"Why the heck are you all sitting around down here?!" Nashi exclaimed, her expression still full of anger.

"How did it go, Lucy? You finished the job like a good girl?" Makarov asked, in a drunken voice.

"Yeah, I guess so," Lucy said nervously.