Chapter XV: The Cold Emperor [Part I]

Previously on the Time of Man

~Outside of the cave~

"What's that sound?" Lucy asked as she woke up rubbing her eyes.

"Is it night?!" Nashi asked as she sat up straight.

"There's light..." "...coming from the cave!" Nashi and Lucy exclaimed.

The rest of the group was now awake.

"Purple light...Is it the moonlight?!" Silvia asked. Happy was beside her, staring at the cave in shock.

"What is that?! Y/N's in there! What's going on?!" Happy asked.

"We need to get to the top! Quickly! Y/N will be fine, we have to trust him!" Erza said, as she ran out of the outer cave and looked around.

~With Y/N~

"It's shining on Deliora," Y/N said, as crossed his arms. "Time to get to work then...Ur," he continued with a grin.

"Yes...we must," said the voice of a female. As she appeared next to Y/N.

~Present Time~

"Let's go, and find that light source!" Erza said.

"Aye!" Happy said.

The group took a set of stairs that led up the cave, the purple glow becoming brighter and brighter.

The set of stairs ended at a place with roots sprouting from the group. The floor was covered with stones neatly placed.

The stairs led them to a part of the ruins.

"There was a magic circle in the middle of these ruins?!" Silvia asked as she looked at the purple magic circle that was in the center of the ruins.

"Higher up!" Erza yelled as she sprinted towards the next set of stairs leading up.

The group reached the top of the mountain, they looked around to be met with more walls crumbling and roots of trees sprouting from the ground. 

They kept walking.

"What is that?!" Nashi asked as she looked to the right. The group turned to the right as well to see the purple light falling in the center of what appeared to be a crescent moon structure, which was in ruins.

"Shh!" Lucy shushed Nashi, pulling her into cover. So, they don't expose themselves. The rest followed her.

The wall around it was destroyed, they were random pillars around them.

In the middle, stood a group of people with dark purple cloaks, a white cover on top of their head. There was a small symbol in the middle of the face cover. It was black in color with a small circle in the center, surrounded by a bigger circle, which was cut off by a small portion on the right.

There was incoherent chanting between the people in cloaks, their hands were resting on each other's shoulders and were standing in a circle surrounding the purple light.

"The moon..." Silvia whispered as she looked up at the moon.

"These guys really are collecting the moon's light?" Nashi asked turning to Lucy.

"They're shining it on Deliora...what Y/N said...is it true?" Lucy turned to Erza, who was looking at the scene with confusion.

"It's possible, what he was talking about seems to add up," Erza said, staring at the moon.

"It's Moon Drip, a Belianese spell," said a female voice. The group turned around to see Lyra still here, staring at the Moon Drip with a frown.

"You're still here?!" Lucy asked in shock.