11.~TRYING TO APOLOGIZE~

The new chapter is here and I hope you like it.

Still no warnings for now so enjoy.

Thirty minutes later
Stark Enterprises

Y/n pov:

After the talk with Natasha we finally drove here at the office. We separated at the entrance as she had to do other boring stuff and I wanted to go find Pepper.

After finding her office I notice there is a new secretary in front of the door who doesn't want to let me in. That's rude actually but as I see that she's stubborn as fuck I just walk past her and into the office without a care in the world.

As I walk in she follows after me apologizing to Pepper for not doing her job right and bla bla bla.

"It's alright dear, this one doesn't listen to anyone so it's ok, they can come in everytime unless there is a meeting and NEXT TIME..."

She said it looking at me and I widen my eyes in fear.

"...I'll make sure they will listen to you and not just walk in without paying attention to other people's business. You can go now don't worry."

As the secretary walks out with a satisfied face. I look around the office trying to not make eye contact with the new boss as Pepper is actually really scary when she wants to be.

"I like what you've done with the office?..."
It came out more like a question then like a compliment.

"What are you doing here?"

"Can't it be possible for me to just... wanting to see you? It's been an entire day and I wanted to see how you were holding up after everything that happened."

She smiles as I go to sit down
"That's sweet but I'm ok. I'm just mad at Tony but when am I not?"

"Who isn't mad at Tony nowadays?"

"Yeah but I have the record on that..."

I put my hands up at this and just when I was about to respond, her phone starts to ring. It seems important so I let her respond and as she does this I get up and walk on the couch to go lay down. I haven't had a good sleep in a few nights so now might be the right moment I guess but as I go to close my eyes I hear the door swing open and Tony's voice plus the secretary, take over my need to sleep.

I sit up and look at Tony as if to say 'what the hell are you doing here?'.

He of course ignored me but I'm not gonna intervene cause... I don't want to. It's like getting into an argument between a divorced couple and I don't want that.
But I listened to all of the conversation and I have to say that it's kinda sad that Tony didn't get to express his feelings for Pepper but he tried to do it in the wrong way so I also understand why Pepper didn't want to listen to him.

"I need you..."

"I need you, that's what I'm trying to say"

"...to leave, now."

Ouch, that must of hurt...
It's like watching a TV show when suddenly Natasha walks in. Behind her is Happy who looks angry just like everyone in this room right now.

"Ms. Potts"

"Come on in"

"Wheel's up in twenty five minutes"

"Thank you"

I get up now, wanting to talk with Tony after everyone goes and I have to take him back to the house before someone takes him there by force.

"Anything else, boss?"

"I'm good Hap-"

"I'll be just... Another minute"

Tony still acts like he owns everything and i don't know how to feel about this. I'm sorry for him but he made a mistake and he has to pay for it.

"I lost both kids in the divorce"
Happy shakes his head at him and they have a silent conversation for a few seconds.
He clears his throat before speaking to Natasha.

"Are you blending well here, Natalie?
Here at Stark... Enterprises.
Your name is Natalie, isn't it?"

She's now looking at him like if she wants to kill him and I'm not gonna lie, I would enjoy the show Infront of me.

"I thought you two didn't... get along"

I snicker at this and Natasha gives me a glare that makes me shut up in a matter of seconds.

"No, that's not so"

"It's just me, you don't care for."

I swear, this man never knows when to shut up.

"Actually, while you're here, you and Natalie could discuss the matter of personal belonging"

"Absolutely"

After that, Pepper and Happy walk out and Natasha takes some papers on the desk while I sit on the chair where Pepper was.

"I'm surprised you could keep your mouth shut"

"You are good. You are mind-blowing duplicitous. How you do it?"

Now I'm the one giving Tony a glare but he doesn't care.

"You're a triple impostor. I've never seen anything like it."

"Tony shut up for once in you're life"

"I see you've been learning from the best."

I roll my eyes at this.

"Do you even speak Latin?"

"Fallacies sunt rerum spacies"

She does really speak Latin. That's actually really cool.
But I know that she only said a reference from the philosopher Seneca.
That's only the abbreviation for 'Fallaces sunt rerum species et hominum spes fallunt'
That actually means 'Appearances are deceptive and betray the hopes of men'

This actually makes me snicker when she tells him another meaning. And with that she walks out. Tony then turns to me.

"Are you gonna walk away too?"

"I want to but at the same time you need someone. Even if you don't want to admit it."

"So you're staying out of compassion?"

"I'm staying because I can't walk away from the only man who gave me a home when I needed one. No matter how mad I am at him."

"Thanks, I hum... Appreciate it."

"And by the way, you need to improve your skills with women. That was actually sad to witness."

"That's not true. I got every woman around my finger"

"So that's why Pepper walked out on you expressing your feelings?"

"That's just one mistake"

"Man getting laid is different. You need to understand that. And get rid of the strawberrys."

With that said I walk towards the door.

"I'll wait for you at home and try to convince Coulson to not use the taser on you when you come back."

I get out and find someone from security to drive me home. They know me here so they'll do it without problems.