36.~JUST THE SAME~

Helloooooo. How are you? I hope everything's going well. Love you!

Warnings: none

Y/n pov:

After I get out of the shower, I get ready, and I walk downstairs towards the kitchen. Before I get there I hear some laughs, and a smile comes up to my face. I walk inside the room and they all stop to look at me. Clint gets up from his chair with a smile, but before he gets to do anything Lila runs up to me and she hugs my leg, making me and everyone else chuckle.

"Well, hello again little one"

"Hi!"

She doesn't let go of my leg and I smile at Clint who is walking towards me with, who I think is, his wife. I put my hand out to introduce myself but instead she goes for a hug.

"Good morning Y/n, I've heard a lot about you. I'm Laura"

"Uhm.. hi"

I say awkwardly and they just laugh at my confusion.

"I made breakfast, come on"

I nod my head and thank her before walking next to Natasha to take a seat. I also see another kid and before I go sit down I walk towards him and I kneel next to him.

"Hello. I'm Y/n, who are you?"

He looks away from his game and he finally notices me.

"Cooper..."

"Well, it's nice to meet you Cooper."

I say and he turns back to his game after nodding. I frown and I look at Clint and Laura.

"Don't worry, he's just shy around new people"

"Oh, I understand. I'm the same"

I smile and I sit down. Natasha passes me some pancakes and I thank her and Laura before I start eating.

After a few minutes the kids run off to play and it's just me, Natasha, Laura and Clint, sitting at the table.

I still want to talk with Natasha about this morning but I don't wanna be rude to the couple Infront of us.

"Btw, I'm sorry for intruding so late at night. That wasn't my intention"

"As I told you already it's fine. And you were right on time thankfully"

"What do you mean by that?"

Laura asks curiously.

"Natasha, here, couldn't sleep"

"Oh, I'm so sorry honey"

"It's ok, it was nothing"

I take note of her discomfort and I take one of her hands in mine.

"Anyway. Thanks for breakfast, it was really good"

"Thank you, Y/n. I appreciate it"

"May I help wash the dishes? It's the least I can do"

"No need. It's my turn today"

Clint says before he gets up and takes the plates, walking towards the sink. I've never seen him so calm and relaxed. Usually he's always on edge but I guess it's because of his family.

Before we can say anything, Laura turns to us with a smile.

"So, Clint told me hell froze"

She says with a smirk. I don't understand and I look at Natasha confused, seeing her cheeks turn red.

"Wait what does that mean?"

"Natasha once said that if she ever got in a relationship, hell would freeze all over"

My eyes widen and a small smile appears on my face.

"Is that so?"

I nudge Natasha and she glares at me, making me put my hands up. Laura laughs at our antics before she speaks again.

"That must be why she's so happy lately"

"That's not true. I'm just taking my time after the battle."

"That's the worst lie you've ever said"

"I'm not- ok fine, shut up"

I can't help but chuckle before I kiss her head.

"Honestly, I'm just happy for you two. You look like a cute couple"

"Thanks, you and Clint look good together too. I've never seen him so calm."

"What can I say? I have my power on him"

We all laugh and we talk for another few minutes before I decide it's time to talk with Nat.

"Laura, I actually wanted to talk with Natasha about something, do you mind if we go to our room for a few minutes?"

"Not at all. I need to go watch over the kids anyway"

I nod and get up. I look at Natasha waiting for her to follow me. She hesitates for a few seconds before she walks after me.

We get back to our room upstairs and I close the door to give us some privacy.

"Do you wanna talk or I need to ask?"

"I don't know what you're talking about..."

"Tasha... Please"

I say after sitting next to her on the bed.

"Ok, fine... I just- I wish you never saw me in that state"

"But, why?

I ask concerned.

"Because it's embarrassing, and weak, and dumb... I'm not a kid, I shouldn't be scared of a nightmare"

"Fear is not only about kids. Everybody fears something. I also have nightmares and both of us have a reason behind them."

"It's a dumb reason"

I take her hand in mine and I bring it up to my lips to kiss her knuckles, making her smile and finally look at me.

"It's not dumb. As I told you many times, it's completely normal to be "weak" sometimes. It's a part of being human, and our strength shows in the moments we fear the most. Our love shows when fear gets obfuscate by our trust in someone. And our emotions shows when our heart beats fast enough. The blood goes to the brain and that gives us a chance to see, to touch, to feel... To love."

Her eyes softens and a smile makes it's way on her beautiful face, along with a blush that covers her cheeks in red. Her green eyes shining in the deam light of the room, making everything magical.

"You're just a hopeless romantic, aren't you?"

"Well, I do try"

She looks at me for a few minutes before she gives me a soft kiss that I don't waste time to accept.

When we part from each other, we don't really get away, and we stay close for as long as we want.

"Thank you. For being who I need"

"And thank you for showing me I am worthy of being loved. I just never thought I'd find someone like you in so little time"

"We're just the same, aren't we?"

"Or, we're just good for each other"