Chapter 30

Johnnie's POV:

I feel the weight on my chest start to shift every so slightly, I can sense myself starting to wake from my comfortable slumber. With that comes the realization that the weight I am under is in fact non other than Jake Webber.

(I have no clue what time it is..) i peer down to see Jake is still engulfed in sleep, unlike me. Trying my hardest not to disturb him I angle my body upwards to glance at my window, even though my curtains are closed I can still tell around what time it is. (It looks like the sun is just about to set, so I guess we weren't asleep to long.?) I begin to ponder on whether or not I should wake Jake or continue to let him sleep. Eventually I make up my mind, placing my back against my wall. I poke Jake's cheek softly with my finger, attempting to wake him, i repeat this until I get a response. "Whaaaat?!" I hear him screech as he buries his head into my chest, getting off me seeming to be the last thing currently on his mind.

Despite my honest attempt to keep it down, I let out a chuckle at Jakes reaction. "I'm sorry but I can't let you sleep the rest of the day away.!" This earns me a grumble, then I hear him mutter under his breath "rich coming from you Mister "sleeps till 3pm" but noooo i can't do it." Jake visibly pouts after finishing his sentence, i just brush it off with another hushed laugh, knowing he's joking despite what he's saying being true. "Aww come on! You're making me feel bad, plus what would I have done if I didn't wake you up.? I would have had to wait until tomorrow to talk to you again and my poor heart can't take that now could it..!" I explain, semi make a joke at the end as I gleem at him with my best attempt at sad begging eyes.

Jake rolls his eyes at me then smiles "fine fine, I guess I'll grace you with my conscious presence.!" He stifles out a come back, accompanied by all his sassy-ness.

We both burst out into a fit of laughter over our poor jokes, "God you're wEiRd!!" I humor, making fun of Jake. "Not as weird as you, that's for sure. Oh! Johnnie I forgot to tell you?! I won't be home for a little bit tomorrow morning..!" Jake explains with his sudden remembrance. Me on the other hand I'm surprisingly cought off gard, (I don't remember him mentioning this any other time?) "What do you mean.? Where are you going?" I question politely, trying not to seem over bearing or anything of that sort. "Well let me think, I gotta go to meet with my producer, then I have to go and help Julian with something for one of her videos, and after that I have to go look for something. Also if I have time JC wants me to stream with him!" I nod understandingly, registering everything he just told me, "Wow, that's quite a lot of stuff to do in one mourning. Do you know what time you'll be back or how long you'll be gone for.?" I ask, because I genuinely want to know.

He gives a thoughtful look then answers, "I have everything planned out, im leaving at 7am and as long as everything goes as planned I'll be back by 1. Or 1:30, at the latest.!" Jake tells me nodding to himself, as if doing the math in his head that very second. "Oh, ok that's not to bad!" I exclamate, happy that he'll be home by the afternoon. "But remember if you need me at any point while I'm gone call me and I'll be home as soon as possible, I promise." Jake says reminding me of what he had said just days earlier, "I promise you won't need to, remember I'm an adult. im actually capable of taking care of myself." I retort, reminding Jake that he doesn't always have to watch over me like a helpless kitten who can't fend for it's self. "I know Johnnie, I just..you know what I mean. I'm aware that you are capable of taking care of yourself, but don't forget that I care. I care so much, so yes I will drop everything if you need me because that's what I'll do for the person I love!" Jake finishes his statement with a sigh, acting as if it's the most obvious thing to have ever been said.

I'm astonished, (it's like when I thought i couldn't love him any more he goes and makes me fall all over again..) "Fuck." I mummer, angleing my head down as my eyes go wide, this makes an expression of worry spread across Jakes beautiful face and he's quick to come to my side. "Oh, I'm sorry Johnnie..did I say something I shouldn't have??" He asks whilst laying his hand on top of mine, squeezing it gently. "No that's not it, i just...I don't understand why or how i love you so much.?" I explain as I look back up to meet his gaze, he looks at me as if he's in shock to say the least.

"Johnnieee, you can't say that shit.! your actually gonna make me explode one day if you keep that up." Jake grons, letting out a breathy giggle whilst his skin casually turns a deep shade of dark rose due to my prier comment. I fumble to gain the right words to respond to him, so I asked a new question in replace "um, are you, hungry.?" I question peering back over to him as I give his hand a light squeeze, Jake beams at me with a look of slight surprise and hopefulness. "Oh, uhh, yeah I am! Are you..?" He asks me with the quiet sound of sympathy exiting his mouth as he speaks. I sigh meeting his eyes to show him a shy smile, I tilt my head ever so slightly as I answer back, "yeah. I think I am.." I mutter barely loud enough for it to travel to his ears, finally allowing myself to cut myself enough slack to blatantly ask for food for the first time in months, even years.

My rare plead earns me a genuine grin that stretches ear to ear from Jake, he looks at me with those same eyes. Those same eyes that practically have 'I love you' written all over them.

"Well then, I guess we should find something to eat, don't you think.!" Jake states joyfully as he lifts himself from my bed. He reached out for my hand, which I give to him instantly, to which he leads us in the living room onto the couch. As I sit down in my usual spot Jake sits in his as well, then pulls out his phone from his pocket. (He looks so..happy...I wonder if he would be this happy all the time if I ate more..) (God why am I always so selfish, it's so apparent that my constant attempts to harm my own well being end up backfiring and harming the person I love the most too.!) I pulled out of my thoughts as Jake lightly taps my shoulder. "Do you know what you want to eat.? or even just what kind of food?" Jake inquires, glancing between me and his phone.

"How about, umm. Boneless wings.?" I say, sounding less like a statement and more like a full on question instead. Jake's expression seems to light up even more at my food choice, as he quickly nods his head up and down agreeing with the choice, he picks up his phone and I see him begin to order. (Cool he picked wing stop, that actually sounds pretty good right now..) suddenly I feel one of his hands slid back into mine, without question my hand clings to his enjoy the warmth of another. "Ok, it should be hear in a half an hour.!" I sigh and scoot closer to him, resting his hand under my chin as it's wrapped around mine. "Thank you Jake, it means so much to me that your here." I say looking at him fighting the urge to have the all to familiar gushy smile spread across my face, "always love.!" Jake responds simply as he leans in, planting a single peck opon my lips.

...

Ok y'all im gonna make you a promise.

Somewhere late tomorrow night so In the next 24hours you will have the next chapter, because I already know what I'm gonna write, slightly.

But for now take this chapter!!

If I would have kept writing rn I would have fallen asleep so I made sure to wrap up this chapter just for you guys.!

Ok that's all rn.

night night I'm tired 😭❤️

Word count 1500