Chapter 33

Johnnie's POV:

As we separate from the kiss I have a smile spreading across my face that I can't seem to contain, and I don't try. Allowing myself to grin at Jake as he looks directly into my eyes with a soft smile and lidded eyes, the look in his eyes making my heart go insanely warm each passing second. Our eyes meet before we both let out amused chuckles at each others expressions, I briefly pull away and get onto my bed, sitting down leaning back on the wall for support, Jake of course craws over me onto his side of the bed, laying on his side that's facing directly towards me. I peer at him to see him thinking, then he smirks "so what'd you do today.?" Jake asks me despite knowing exactly what I did, (He just wants me to say it again. What an ass.) I remember, rolling my eyes at his question as i let out a huff. "I took a nap in your room, took a shower, then streamed." I mumble lowly and quickly.

But, of course, Jake acts like he doesn't hear me, he makes a fake confused face before asking again "Sorry I couldn't hear you..what'd you say?" He says, with a smirk on his face. I sigh, This time repeating it clearly along with an embarrassed flush brushing it's way onto my face. "I took a nap in your bed." I say clearly this time, avoiding facing him, my self embarrassment raging inside and out at the moment. I hear Jake chuckle as he sits up and places a peck on my cheek, "Don't be embarrassed it's cute, I would have done the same thing if you were gone and I couldn't sleep." He reasons as he sits next to me against the wall, I can't help the rampant fire that burns in my stomach at both his kiss and his words. I feel myself cooing at his response as my heart beat raises, i sit against the wall leaning onto his shoulder slightly i can feel him leaning onto me slightly in return.

(It's a little warm in here.) I suddenly think, i figure that I can just take my sweater off since I have a shirt underneath.

I move off of Jake's shoulder As I pull off my sweater, laying it next to me on the bed, the second I pull off the sweater I'm bombarded by a sickening reminder. Now in short sleeves, I glace down to be met with the reminder of my recent relapse. Shame and nausea is all that courses through my body as I look at the scars, I quickly pull my arms against my stomach so they aren't visible by Jake. (Thankfully he didn't see..) I think with a mute sigh, but as he turns to look at me he has a confused expression on his face, I try to act normal and smile at him, I can tell he sees right through it.. Jake scoots in front of me, sitting to where our eyes are directly across from one another, "what's wrong love.?" He asks as he lays his hand gently on my cheek. I don't answer, instead my eyes drift to look at the bed beneath us. I kept my arms pressed against my stomach so hard I can feel my hands start to dig into my sides. I can see Jake eyes worriedly scan my face trying to see what's wrong, then I see him look down at my stomach, or more like at my arms clutching around my stomach as if their holding on for dear life.

I feel the understanding come over Jake as he looks at my arms, he lets out a small "oh.." he runs one of his hands under my chin as he gently turns my head to make me look at him, "hey Johnnie look at me please.?" Jake pleads softly, I do as he asks and slowly raise my head and eyes up to him, to which he smiles at me. "Can I see..?" He asks staring into my eyes with a look of care. Hesitantly I nod, softening my grip I had on my stomach allowing my arm to go limp, Jake delicately grabs my right arm, lifting it up to be met with 8 fading but visible scars.

I feel the guilt flow through my body as his eyes scan my arm, "that's not all, is it?" Jake asks to which I shake my head, not able to even open my mouth, in fear I would just trip over my words. Jake sets my arm down softly and gently picks up my other one to examine it, (I counted 11 on that one.) Suddenly Jake takes my arm and places it near his face, he begins to leave tender kisses along my scar littered arm, starting up then making his way all the way down my wrist till he gets to my palm, leaving a kiss on the top of my hand. Then he proceeds to do the same thing to my other arm. My body tingles as his lips meet my scars, old and new. As he leaves a kiss on the end of my wrist I move my hand gently to cup his cheek, I lightly caress his cheek with my finger "oh Jake.." I whisper quietly before running my thumb over his bottom lip, rubbing it softly before leaning down to kiss him. It was quick, as we part Jake brings me into a hug "Johnnie, you are so beautiful..I never want you to feel the need to hide something like that from me ok." He whispers into my ear, I don't answer I just bury my face into his neck and nod.

I can feel him move his hand up my shirt as he starts to rub circles on my back tenderly, i sigh into the touch as i lean the rest of my weight on to him. He takes all without struggle as he holds me tighter, "Jake...I just. I." Jake doesn't intervene, just patiently waits for me to gather my words. "I just. I want to say, I love you." I confess, as I bury my head deeper into his neck (I can feel his pulse. It makes me feel so. Calm.) Jake nods as he places a hand into my hair playing with a strand, "I love you too, never forget that."

...

Hiiii ‼️

I hope this isn't getting stale 😭 if you guys have any ideas let me know I'm open! (Just not smut Ik how y'all think 😒)

Anywho my friend klarishpt drew this based off this chapter/book and I am so absolutely in love with it so please tell them how much you love it ❤️

⬇️

I feel like they captured the way I try to convey emotions in this book to a T, it's actually crazy 🤭 so please show the drawing some love <3

Ok that's all for now!! Again I'm very open to suggestions for future chapters 🙏🏼

Byyyye ;D

Word count 1180