Chapter 8

Taehyung entered his house, holding a bunch of envelopes that were lying over the doormat. He sat on the couch, feeling the ache in his entire body because of tiredness. 

He opened the envelope, it was the final summon from the court, asking Taehyung for his choice whether to choose alimony or not for the last time. 

The high status of Jeon Jungkook made Taehyung the receiver of alimony almost naturally. But Taehyung denied everything, he crossed every column that was trying to bid his love in return for separation.

But today, after seeing Jungkook for so long. Seeing his desperate eyes for escape something churned inside Taehyung. Something is happening wrong. 

A part of Taehyung was mocking him for being so sensitive but Taehyung wants to try for their relationship, for their love, one last time. He wants to try until he has no regrets. 

Until he let go.

He took out his pen started scribbling on the white paper and mailed it to his lawyer immediately.

~

Jungkook was sitting under the shower, all cold and naked. His red wet eyes were staring into nothing. In the coldness of the last month of the year, he was sitting like the chillness of water wasn't affecting him. 

He was trying hard. Just like Taehyung said, he was trying hard to not fall apart. His body went numb after an hour, just his brain was processing the words that left his mouth today. 

His eyes were vacant. Tired and defeated. 

His mind realized the time and he stood up when a ringing noise balled in his entire room.

After wearing clothes, Jungkook called back. It was his lawyer. 

"Hello."

'Sir, Mr Kim Taehyung sent his agreement to the court for the final divorce.'

Jungkook made no noise. He listened with his eyes closed.

'But there is a condition he mentioned.'

Jungkook frowned and opened his eyes," what condition."

'Mr Kim taehyung mentioned that he wants to live in your house for one month before parting his ways from you, as a last try to save the relationship.' 

Jungkook sucked a breath and gritted his teeth," He wants to test my patience." He hung up the call.

His body shivered when he dialled another number, the caller picked it up after two rings.

"I want to get engaged next week. Prepare it."