Chapter 10

"Are we even invited here?" A very pissed Yoongi asked Taehyung. 

"That very big invitation card that Jungkook sent us says so," Jimin replied instead of Taehyung.

Three of them sitting by the bar stools in the corner. Today is the day, of Jungkook's engagement. A day that will bring death to Taehyung. In a way.

Yoongi gulped down the second shot of his vodka and cursed," How can you sit here so calmly, Tae?"

"I'm not calm, hyung. I just don't have enough life in me. And I can't get drunk today. Jungkook needs me to watch everything. In the last week, he kept saying how much he wants me to see and learn how to treat someone properly." Taehyung whispered. 

Jimin was standing behind Taehyung, his one hand on his best friend's shoulder. Blinking his eyes away to not cry right then and there.

Just then, Jungkook stepped down from his room, looking so glorious that it brought a miserable smile on Taehyung's lips. 

'Beautiful." He whispered while Yoongi and Jimin shared a look of pain.

Taehyung was still sitting in his seat, his one half desperately wanted to know the person whom the love of his life was about to get engaged with while his other half wanted to believe nothing that was happening around him.

His eyes were stuck at Jungkook's smile, he gasped a breath when they betrayed him finally and a few tears trailed down on his cheeks.

He wiped his tears away that were blurring his vision. Jungkook was thanking everyone for coming to the ceremony and then the claps of people resonated inside the villa when Jungkook invited his soon to be fiance on the stage.

Taehyung heard Jimin gasping behind him while his eyes turned lifeless when they fell at the fiance. 

It was Jungkook's first crush. His senior in high school and college he bragged about so many times in front of others because he couldn't get over the handsomeness of the man.

And suddenly, a part of Taehyung starts making sense of everything. So that was it? 

His heart beats with irregularities making him gasp for fresh air but he knows he can't go anywhere. Not when… not when his eyes were watching them exchanging rings.

His gaze fell on his hand, his middle finger was still adorned with the ring Jungkook gave him five years ago. 

Everyone stood up from his seat including Taehyung when the ceremony finished and Jungkook hugged his….new fiance. 

"He is looking, right?" Jungkook whispered in the ears of his fiance.

"....and crying." The man, Woobin replied.

Jungkook closed his eyes, his lips trembled as he pulled away from the hug, his back facing the audience. 

"Ticking his ring with his thumb?" Jungkook asked with a broken smile and Woobin's gaze again went behind Jungkook before focussing back on him. 

The man just nodded before sighing. 

"Jungkook don-"

His words got cut off when Jungkook switched his lips over the other. The audience roared in happiness. 

The kiss was long...long enough to destroy a soft thing inside Taehyung. A soft and weak thing is known as heart to others. 

Taehyung stared at them with wide, lifeless eyes. He watched how Jungkook's hands went around the other to deepen the kiss. His eyes watched how the man curled his arms around his love and pulled impossibly closer.

He felt an arm around his waist. 

"Let's get out of here, Please." It was the voice of his brother. But Taehyung was still staring at the couple with a dead pain spreading in his veins.