Chapter 44

Jungkook chewed his food extra slowly while waiting for his husband's response. Taehyung was eating as well but the small smile that was tugging around the corner of his lips fell when Jungkook pulled up that question.

Suddenly the plate full of food becomes the scenery of a beautiful island for Taehyung that he wants to keep staring at until both of them finish the food.

He knows this is not maturity but sometimes Taehyung just wants to run away from the dreadful past instead of confronting it. He wants to forget the whole reason for his sleepless nights, scary daytime and nightmares. 

But he also knows that he needs to let out. Slowly but fully. He needs to tell Jungkook what had happened to him after he left him alone in this apartment. He needs to tell his miseries and share his pain or in the future, it can make the situation worse.

He stirred the spoon in the half-filled plate now and sighed after gulping down a mouthful. 

"It's because I hadn't stepped inside the room after your departure." 

Jungkook stopped his spoon and looked up when he heard Taehyung's voice. 

"I don't want to sleep inside, whatever happens, I decide I won't go inside or it will become a fact that you left me. Watching those empty sheets, empty closet and empty table…my mind would have forced me to believe in the reality that I was running from. So I abandoned it completely." Taehyung said while still looking down at his plate.

The apology was resting on the tips of Jungkook's tongue again but he decided to not drape his mistakes with mere apologies. The things he had done were far more cruel and insensitive than an apology can convince.

He hesitates before speaking but his eyes aren't leaving Taehyung," If I fix the room again... Will you sleep inside with me?"

Taehyung took a bite and looked up. Jungkook's eyes changed in pure adoration, his husband is a work of art. How can a human being look so adorable while chewing his food?

Taehyung chewed a bit and replied after swallowing it down fully," It's difficult." 

Jungkook's eyes turned sad at that," But I am cleaning the room for us. Where would you sleep if not in the room?"

Taehyung pointed his thumb at the back," I'll be fine on the couch, you can sleep in the room. I would have slept inside if I could, baby. I don't think it's a good idea just yet."  

Jungkook pressed his lips in a thin line but he knew his eyes were welling up so he changed his position a little bit and took another spoonful in his mouth.

He nodded his head and chewed his food slowly. It hurt to swallow but he did it eventually. Taehyung finished his dinner first but he accompanied Jungkook until the other finished as well. 

"You need to go back to your work, I will wash the dishes," Taehyung said, taking the dishes away from Jungkook's hand.

Jungkook got inside the room and covered his eyes to hide the stubborn tears. He sniffed a little and grabbed the mopping stand to wash the window glasses but instead the happiness he was feeling a while ago while cleaning the room was now replaced by gloominess.

He cleaned the room and covered the bed with fluffy cushions, a black sheet with black covers and a large blanket. He got out of the room and washed the sheets and old clothes in the washer.

By the time he stepped out of the room after taking a shower, it was 3 am. He sighed heavily and pulled out the sweater he was wearing before waking up. He loved this sweater, don't judge him.

He can wear it many times without washing it.

He wore only a long sweater and his black boxers and looked at the bed. It looks larger than normal, a big spot was all empty that once belonged to his husband.

With heavy steps, Jungkook went outside to watch Taehyung sleeping on the couch. Now Jungkook realised why the couch was looking so forlorn and worn off. It was because of its frequent use over the past seven months.

Jungkook wasn't wearing any slippers, it was too silent when he reached to the couch and stared at his husband with a sad pout on his face.

Their surroundings were drowned in the darkness of the night. Nothing was visible except the dim light coming from the kitchen counter. 

Jungkook bit his lips when an idea came into his mind. It was madness, his mind was going crazy without Taehyung by his side. That's why these kinds of ideas were popping inside his tired head.

Nonetheless, Jungkook crunched down and squinted his eyes to see Taehyung was in deep slumber. He can execute his idea, moreover, he is not scared of Taehyung, yes what can his husband possibly do when Jungkook will scoop him up in his arms and brought him to their bed.

Yes, nothing will happen.

Jungkook nodded his head in enthusiasm, the pout was increasing on his lips with each passing moment. 

Ì

Jungkook placed one hand underneath Taehyung's thighs and the other one underneath his shoulders. He lifted his husband effortlessly, after all, all of his muscles weren't just for show.

He was on the way to his room when he heard a grumble beneath his ear," What are you doing?"

Jungkook pulled Taehyung closer, hiding him in the junction of his neck and shoulder," I am bringing my human pillow to my room. Kindly do not complain." 

He heard another grumble of sleepiness but it was anything but a protest. So with a little happy heart, Jungkook brought Taehyung inside the room.

Jungkook noticed the way Taehyung sprawled his arms around his neck and pushed himself more into him. His eyes were shut close, scared to see the room again and feel the stubborn memories itched to it.

Jungkook understands everything, he was quick to immerse himself in the heap of a large blanket that was covering them fully. Taehyung was still latching on to Jungkook's arms when Jungkook lay on the empty bed.

"It's okay." Jungkook threaded his fingers from the wavy hair of his husband. "You don't have to open your eyes. We are inside the blankets. I'll be here, I promise. You can," he hurriedly lifted his sweater and tapped Taehyung's cheek. 

"You can sleep inside my sweater, it's too large." Jungkook offered, he was speaking very softly.

Taehyung opened his sleepy eyes, only to find sheer darkness around him. He sighed in relief when his mind didn't discover any things inside the room because of the darkness. 

He felt his hand lifted by Jungkook and soon he felt a smooth skin under his palm. 

"Here." He heard Jungkook's voice coming from the top of his head. He looked up and then down, but he was seeing nothing. He moved the hand in an upward direction, fingers feeling the dig of the belly button and the curve of the navel, palms following the same path.

"Here?" Taehyung asked as his hand was resting over his ribcage of Jungkook. 

Jungkook nodded his hand but inhaled sharply when he felt the hand gliding towards his chest, stopping in the middle of his pecs.

"Or here?"

Jungkook closed his eyes and nuzzled Taehyung's hair," Everything is yours."

Taehyung moved forward and felt Jungkook cradling his head against his chest. He felt the fingers caressing his nape in soft circles.

Jungkook bit his lips when he felt his nipples hardening as soon as a hot breath fell onto them.