Chapter 16

Namjoon was pacing in the corridor of the hospital, dreadfully waiting for the light of the operation room to turn green and praying for Hobi to walk out with an assuring face.

God! Please save him.

He was chanting those words without getting a break to breathe. He doesn't know how but the news of the CEO of Jeon Company attempting suicide was spreading like a wildfire in the woods.

There are police wandering around him and some men that are wearing all black whom Namjoon has never seen. But they seem very suspicious to him.

And that's why he decides to take the reins of his brother's life in his hand. From now on, nothing can touch his brother without his permission.

He will kill each person that will try to be around in a ten-meter radius as his brother. Even if he has to make Jungkook a hostage in his room, he is going to make everything right.

Namjoon promised himself.

"Oh no, my son!" The familiar scratchy voice made Namjoon turn back in alarm. 

His mother was coming towards him with all so fake tears in her eyes and a man he never heard of, a teenage girl following him behind.

Namjoon stopped his mother, a frown adorning his face," Mom? I thought you went to Paris last month." 

The lady wiped his eyes and smiled a little," Ah Namjoonie, I came back yesterday but I haven't thought in my dreams that my little son would do something like this." The tears came out again and Namjoon turned his head sideways to stop the curse he was going to throw at his mother's face.

The man behind his mother didn't introduce himself and neither did Namjoon ask about him but he will dig down his identity very soon.

He noticed the girl that was standing behind the man had very sharp features, her eyes wandering around the hospital rooms as if she was searching for someone.

The lady noticed his son's gaze on Sinjoo and smiled a little, " oh? I forgot to introduce you to my soon-to-be daughter-in-law. Namjoon, she is Sinjoo. Sinjoo, meet my elder son, Namjoon."

Namjoon looked at his mother in bewilderment, he ignored the hand that was hanging in the air for a handshake," What?" He asked his mother," Can you repeat, please?"

His mother hesitates a little but smiles nonetheless," I know it's not long that Jungkook parted from that low life- I mean got divorced from his marriage. But he came to me saying he loves Sinjoo and wants to marry as soon as possible."

"In the end, A mother needs her child's happiness, right? So I agreed. They will be the best couple, trust me." The lady said.

Saying Namjoon was shocked will be an understatement. He stumbled back on his feet, and the gears of his brain rolled at the fastest speed. One thing Namjoon knows about his brother is his love for Taehyung.

Jungkook wants to marry Sinjoo. He will rather believe that an elephant can fly than this shit of his mother.

He cleared the anger that was pumping in his mind. He needs to do something quickly. The dangerous smirk of the man standing behind his mother told him that he was not some ordinary man.

He needs to save his brother from all this. Namjoon nodded reluctantly just to switch off the conversation and with gradual steps went towards the reception.

Once he was out of those black goons' sight, he dashed towards the elevator and moved to Hoseok's office. He knew his room would be empty because his friend was busy in the operation theatre right now.

He took out his phone and dialled a number while holding the tears on its bay until the ring cut off and the call picked up.

"Hey baby, ho-"

"Officer Kim." Namjoon cut off the latter.

He heard a hesitant sigh before the voice boomed," Where are you?"

"Hospital. Jungkookie attempted suicide." He closed his eyes when he heard the person curse in pain.

"Hyung, I need a favour from you. Please."