Chapter 33

Three days passed from the day when Jungkook confessed everything. Jungkook spends his days eating healthy food by Yoongi and Jimin. The younger apologised to them several times, Yoongi was bitter for a day but eventually, he came around.

Jungkook can never be more grateful to them. 

Jungkook was giving space to Taehyung as much as he wanted. He wasn't pressuring him to listen to his side and wasn't holding him back. 

Jungkook was taking time to heal himself as well. He needs a certain strength and mentality to overcome the gestures and wrongdoings he did to his husband.

He had many reasons, many excuses that can justify his actions and allegations but in the end, he had hurt his love. Very badly.

The thing that was keeping Jungkook awake all night was the expressions of Taehyung when he had kissed woobin. Broken trust in those dull dreary eyes was making Jungkook throw up in the middle of the night.

So Jungkook indulges himself in their memories, good and happy memories. Memories where his husband woke him up with a sweet treat on his lips, memories where they took care of their little lawn while drenched in mud.

That always brought an unconscious smile on Jungkook's lips, how Taehyung brought him platinum but priceless ring and proposed to him with black grease over his cheek.

That dork. Jungkook chuckled while remembering.

Today Jungkook was feeling a little good. He decides he should be productive and make breakfast for all. 

He decides to make scrambled eggs with bacon and butter garlic toast. He took an apron from the lower cabinet and started cooking with minimal noise.

An hour passed when he heard the footsteps of someone coming towards the kitchen. Jungkook looked up.

It was Taehyung.

Taehyung stood there and took a step back when he realised Yoongi wasn't there. He scratched his eyebrows with the bike keys in his hand, an expression of thinking on his face.

Jungkook felt like his intestines get twisted when Taehyung took another step back from the kitchen. He was dressed in his blue uniform, probably going to his grandfather's garage that they have reopened after shifting here.

Jungkook felt the guilt of being the reason that Taehyung will be going without having his breakfast. He cursed the time when he decided to make breakfast today.

No. Not on his watch that Taehyung will start his day starving.

So he got the courage to open his mouth," B-breakfast is ready." 

Taehyung looked at him and Jungkook wanted to hide in a cabinet and Jump into the deepest vessel he could find there. 

"It looks high maintenance. I can't afford to eat it."

Two sentences and Jungkook felt like crying. He can't help it, those words rub salt over his guilt and his eyes become watery instantly.

Jungkook looked down and bit his lips to stop them from trembling. He should have not come out of that room, he should have stayed inside.

No…

Jungkook needs to face it, he can't hide after throwing everything away with his own hands. He can't expect anything. If Taehyung wants to fight back with words, he will take it. Hell, he will take anything Taehyung wants to give.

Even if it's hate.

Taehyung was still standing there when Jungkook blinked back and looked up," It's all yours already. I just did the cooking." 

He stared back at Taehyung who looked away and nodded his head," Then pack it. I'm getting late. Thank you."

Taehyung didn't stay to look at the smile he brought on Jungkook's lips. Jungkook shouted will be ready in two minutes and got back to his task with hurried hands.