Chapter 28

"I agree with Jimin," Hoseok said. 

"But to do that you need to have enough energy in your body system so please take a rest, Jungkook." He tucked the blanket over Jungkook and patted his head.

Jungkook nodded towards them, mind knitting thread after thread behind his closed eyelids but he didn't want to worry them longer, so he tried to fall asleep.

He tried but each time his husband's face came into his mind showing that horrible expression that Jungkook feels like dying.

He was alone in the room so he decided to open his eyes and stare at the wall blankly. 

Every single thing that was present in this room... was mocking him. Taehyung's childhood pictures over the wall, his shoes that were placed under the cabinet, his hoodies that were half hanging out of the closet.

Jungkook couldn't help himself and stand up from the bed. No, he will not try to escape this place, he just wants to fish out one of Taehyung's hoodies for himself.

He discarded the one he was wearing, feeling sick from the smell of medication coming from them. He wore one of Taehyung's sweatpants and pulled a hoodie over his shoulder.

He knew that he should not do this but he can't fall asleep and he needs to sleep to clear his hazy mind and thoughts. He wants to do everything right this time.

But he is feeling afraid of tomorrow. When his brother will be here. He is afraid of the moment when the truth will be out, he is afraid of what Taehyung will say? Would he blame him? Or would he call him stupid? Would he leave him? 

With several thoughts in his mind, Jungkook falls asleep forgetting the meal untouched over the bedside table.

-

Time surely travels faster when you try to avoid something with all your might and that's what happened to Jungkook as well. His entire being was fearing the day when he will face his brother and his husband, although his mind was preparing many things, excuses, valid points, explanations. But in the end, he knew what was about to happen…

He will be tongue-tied.

His body has been gaining strength in the past two days… two days of Jungkook being hidden in his room… two whole days and he had not seen Taehyung. 

His body was getting good but his mind was still occupied with things that were triggering his conscience of being alive.

He needs to fix everything but he still doesn't know how much he could reveal without throwing his people in danger. 

He had no idea what had happened to the Mafia and his niece but he was dreading to know about them. He was praying to God that somehow they could be erased from the world.

The knocking on his door made Jungkook flinch in his position. A few seconds after Jimin came inside with a little smile on his face," Your brother is here and Taehyung too. We are waiting outside for you. Shall we go?"

The colour drained from Jungkook's face but he gathered himself and nodded his head. Jimin stayed at the door while Jungkook sat up on the bed and wore his slippers a little too slowly.

He took the little blanket with him and walked out with Jimin by his side. 

In the living room, Hoseok and Yoongi were sitting across the chairs. Namjoon was standing a little behind the couch facing away from Jungkook and lastly Taehyung… he was standing beside the window, looking outside, his eyes wandering over the horizon...far away from this room.

Jungkook blinked back the overwhelming feeling that was surging towards his throat and locking it.

The two important men of his life were ignoring his mere presence and the best part….they were doing that because Jungkook deserves it. Yeah… he deserves everything worse.

Jungkoook chewed on the dead skin of his lips and approached the couch before sitting on it, silently.

Nobody was talking, Jungkook covered his shaky legs under the blanket and hugged them to his chest. His eyes were looking towards Namjoon to Taehyung but in the end, he lowered his gaze and started picking up over the edges of the blanket.

Minutes passed when Namjoon decided to say something," You are not a child so you must know that the thoughts behind your suicide attempt were wrong and unethical. Our father never taught us to take our life when things weren't going our way." His voice was rigid. 

Jungkook's lips wobbled and he dipped his head the lowest he could. 

"I'm still mad and don't want to talk to you until you tell us the truth. I knew some that Seokjin hyung found but I'm going to ask for your admittance to all of them." Namjoon said while clinging to his fist to control himself and not go around the couch to engulf his little brother in a tight hug.

No, he needs to be strict this time. Very strict.

He closed his eyes when he heard soft sniffles behind his back. He doesn't need to turn back to see that his brother must have nodded his head.

And he was right. Jimin moved towards the armrest, close to Jungkook when he saw the younger crying silently.

Gulping a deep sigh, Namjoon opened his eyes and articulated," There are some questions I want to ask, just answer them in simple yes and no...without any explanation. It will be less overwhelming for you."

"Be honest to us. You are under our protection now, there is no need to lie any longer. You are dead to the world, those people will not come after you.No one can touch my brother….I just want to fix things for you." 

This time he heard a hum from Jungkook and the first question struck right away.