Chapter 43

Jungkook's body was laying in a very awkward position. He twisted around and eventually opened his eyes, he looked around with his sleepy gaze. 

He knows this place. It's his home, Taehyung's that is. Their home. His heart skipped when he found himself lying on the familiar couch, a blanket around his body.

A whirl of memories revolved in his mind and for a second he thought everything was a dream. He sits up on the couch and gets the proof immediately, his ass was on fire. 

He pulled away the blanket to find himself naked in the bottom. He was wearing a very long sweater and the greasy smell coming from it informed him that it belonged to Taehyung.

He heard some rustling of dishes coming from the kitchen, his feet didn't listen to his thumping heart when he decided to go there.

Wearing a black t-shirt with black baggy pants his husband was cooking something on the stove. From the smell of it Jungkook concluded that it would be delicious.

Taehyung didn't acknowledge his presence at all, too immersed in cutting vegetables. Jungkook felt hesitant to talk to Taehyung, still wondering if his husband had forgiven him or not.

Jungkook knew Taehyung needed time to accept his apology but he found himself miserable for his husband. He wants Taehyung to hug him, to hold his hand instead of holding that carrot on the chopping board.

But he had said that he would wait, so he decided to start a light conversation and cleared his throat a little to announce his presence,” Why was I sleeping on the couch? My bottom hurts.”

Taehyung’s hands stopped for a moment before he started working more quickly,”You know where our room is. Take a rest, I will be done with dinner soon.”

Jungkook wanted to hug his husband from behind and put his head on his shoulder while he waited for the dinner but he decided to not do that, he doesn't want to impose himself on Taehyung.

“Okay, I will wait for you in our room.”

After earning a nod from Taehyung, Jungkook excused himself from the kitchen. He went to their room, their door was closed. The knob has become rusty and a sheer amount of dust was placed all over it uniformly.

Jungkook felt scared for a moment, he placed his hand on the knob and pushed it backward after twisting it. The room was as it is; as he left it seven month ago. His clothes were still scattered all over the mattress that he had not taken with him, the photo frames, tiles of the floor had tons of dust and now Jungkook realised why he was sleeping on the couch.

Because his husband hasn't stepped inside this room at all.

For the past seven months, Taehyung feared from this room as if it was a haunted place to sleep. He did not step inside that room no matter how important the things he needed to look for.

Tears swelled in Jungkook’s eyes but he pushed them back and decided to clean this room thoroughly, he will make this room their heaven again, he will make it right this time.

Taehyung didn't stop Jungkook when he found the younger one taking every kind of cleaning supplies out from the store room. He continued his work in the kitchen silently. Each hustle bustle Jungkook was making felt like music to Taehyung’s ears, he had spent a long time in this silent apartment, he deserves to enjoy this chaos.

Jungkook changed his clothes and wore a mask, he didn't look outside for the time and started cleaning everything. He brought clothes outside and dumped them directly into the washing machine, he scrubs the tiles and mirrors after brushing the dust out of the room. Mopping the floor never felt this good to him. 

He was in the middle of cleaning the desk when he heard a knock on the door. He turned back and only Taehyung’s back was visible to him.

“Dinner is ready, baby. Let’s eat outside.” 

The words melted Jungkook completely, he hurriedly left his mask behind and washed his face and hands,”Okay, lets go. I will complete it after eating.”

They went back to the kitchen and sat on the chairs that were placed by the counter. The dinner was looking heavenly to Jungkook's empty tummy,” Thankyou for the dinner, I'm surely gonna enjoy it.”

Taehyung smiled at him and both of them started their dinner. In the middle of it, Jungkook decides to unload the burden that was weighing his heart for the past few hours," You didn't use our room in my absence, it looked abandoned."