Chapter 9

The doorbell rings and Jungkook opens the door before moving away with a roll of eyes," of course." 

Taehyung slides inside the luxurious mention wearing his worn off white loafers. A small duffle bag on his shoulder, including all his necessary for his stay for a month.

Instead of hawking at the expensive villa, Taehyung was watching Jungkook. His eyes seemed to only recognise Jungkook in that enormous house, nothing else.

However, there were many workers doing chores hastily that made Taehyung confused.

"What's happening here?" Taehyung asked slowly, afraid of Jungkook's piercing words.

"My engagement preparation," Jungkook said while turning around to Taehyung with a big smile on his face. Taehyung didn't know that one day, the smile he cherished the most could hurt him.

"When?"

"Next week." 

"But the divorce-"

"Grow up, man. Did we sign the papers, right? That means, everything is already over. Just say you are here to enjoy my money for the last time." Jungkook said with a tilt of his head.

He shook his head and continued," Don't worry. Your visit will be as luxurious as you expected. Just stay away from my privacy." 

Jungkook's eyes turned dead when Taehyung walked past him to go to the guest room. Taehyung knew about the villa very well, from the time when Jungkook brought him and showed his house like a bouncy bunny.

He threw his duffle bag on the bed before sitting on the bed. His phone rang with a notification making Taehyung look into it. It was a message from his brother, Yoongi.

'Your birthday is next week, Tae. Let's visit our village. It will be a gift for you, from hyung."

Taehyung smiled sadly and didn't know when the screen of his phone flooded with tears as he typed," I already received my gift, hyung. My big baby is getting engaged next week."