Chapter 37

The kiss was slow, lips rubbing with each other in delicate movements. There was no tongue at all, the couple was pouring their emotions out with each suck. 

Their lips were turning red but no one wanted to pull away. Taehyung was sucking the sadness away from those lips, he always adores a smile on them, admires when they pout but hates when they become sad.

"I want to kiss you until my mind erases the image of that kiss, want to mark these lips as mine again," Taehyung whispered.  Jungkook gasped when they pulled away, his face was flushed with heat, red eyes ready to tear up again.

Jungkook looked up at Taehyung's lips, moving towards them to kiss but Taehyung turned his head away," But not now. We have a lot to talk about." 

There was a sharp edge in Taehyung's words that made Jungkook sit up on the bed properly. His heart started palpitating, his mind already weaving gloomy assumptions.

Jungkook sat on his knees in the middle of the bed, pulling his feet under the back of his thighs, hands in his lap as if a child was getting ready for his scolding. 

Taehyung held himself up and leaned against the headboard. He crossed his hands over his chest, summing up the words in his mind. The sight in front of him was too adorable to focus but Taehyung is trying.

"I am sorry," Jungkook said, repeating his words from a while ago. He can apologise every day if he has to but he doesn't want Taehyung mad at him.

"Stop saying sorry, it's making me feel guilty about myself. I am not mad at you because you have hurt me, Jungkook. You were feeling hurt more than me and your words were too hollow to consider." Taehyung said.

"This is not what I am angry about, this isn't the reason." Taehyung was staring at him with a serious look in his eyes. It made Jungkook bite his bottom lip in worry.  

Jungkook opened his lips to say something but in the end, he decided to keep quiet. 

“You insulted my love, my reputation, you divorced me but I was coping with all of that just okay. Then you went a little far and got engaged to another person, kissed him and other short things but I was still alive, Jungkook.”

Taehyung’s lips wobbled but he kept looking at those doe-eyes,” But what broke me completely was your news of attempting suicide. It was like a dead-end for me, you made me question everything I know about you. I kept thinking Whatever it was but you…. My Jungkook can't just leave me behind like this. All alone in this world just to suffer.”

“But… you had done that. I felt so much disgust towards myself, your every insult started resonating in my mind a little louder, it made me think if this all happened because of me?” Taehyung was whispering now, feeling afraid to speak louder.

Jungkook shook his head frantically, tears pricked in his eyes as if they never left.

“It made me think… if I had never met you in my life then perhaps you wouldn't have tried to attempt suicide. That if I would have divorced you sooner, without any argument or condition, you wouldn't feel pressured to go up to such an extent.”

“But you made me feel so sick of myself as if I ruined your life, your words…. Your words felt so true to me at that time that I started to believe everything.”

“N-no Tae…” Jungkook denied everything, lifting his hands waving desperately.

“I know. I know everything now.” Taehyung captured Jungkook’s hand in his hold.

“But at that moment I would have kill myse-” 

Jungkook threw himself on Taehyung, circling his arms around his torso, he sobbed into his chest,” Please stop! You will not do anything,p-please.” 

Pulling away quickly he cupped Taehyung’s face,” I am at fault, you can punish me all you want but you can't harm yourself please I can’t…”

“And yet you did the same. You can't even tolerate listening to these thoughts but… you made me watch everything. Why? I am not that strong Jungkookie that you keep torturing me like this.” 

Both of them were crying at this point, wiping each other’s tears all in vain. 

“Wanna know what I am thinking nowadays?” Taehyung asked, pulling down Jungkook’s hands from his face.

Jungkook gave his permission by staring back at him with his melancholic eyes holding tears at their brim.

“I am thinking that if I stay away from you, it will be easier for you to live. It will be easier for you to handle everything when I set you free. When there will be no one to hold you back then maybe it will be easier for you to breathe, easier to work. I have heard that when a person kicks his weakness out of his life, he becomes unstoppable.”

Bit by bit those words sliced Jungkook’s heart in several pieces. He was crying pathetically, he knew but he couldn't pull himself up to listen to what his husband was about to say.

“In your life…”Taehyung held Jungkook’s hand and smiled with trembling lips,” I am the weakness.”

Jungkook shook his head, tears spilling over his cheeks.

“So, if you cut me out of your life, no one would be able to stop you, no one would be able to take advantage of you. You just need to leave me behind.”

Jungkook stuttered out a hiccup, his head started feeling that familiar ache again but he ignored it completely.

“And don't think about me Jungkookie, I… I can live okay if I see you making progress in your life, living your dreams. I will be hap-”

His words cut off when he felt a sharp sting on his left cheek, he turned his face to see his husband was breathing sharply with angry eyes.

“Stop speaking nonsense!! I don't want anything! Nothing! Son of a sjljdhwoiuefhj You! You want me to leave you! Who! WHO ARE YOU TO TELL ME THIS! I WILL NOT DO ANYTHING YOU WANT!! Am I a puppy? Whoever wants can put a leash around my throat and force me? Kim Taehyung, you are my husband. And You will remain till the end whether you like it or not.” Jungkook screamed right on Taehyung’s face.

His nose was runny and his head was throbbing but he just didn't care. The man in front of me needs to know that no one can force him.

But he felt himself get manhandled by his husband very soon. Taehyung held his waist and dragged him down on the bed before hovering over him. It made Jungkook gulp in fear because Taehyung was staring at him like a beast.

“Then what had happened seven months back huh? A bitch came! wanting to claim you and like a dog, you ran away from me. Where was this anger? This possessiveness? You left me like a weakness, Jungkookie when I could be your strength.”

Find me when you erase the reason you left me for.

A TaleOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara