Chapter 23

Namjoon and Jimin tucked Jungkook inside the comforter, hoseok settled the medicines and his equipment around the table near the bed. It was Taehyung's room but Taehyung didn't come inside. He was outside, waiting for Namjoon to explain everything.

Hoseok checked the pulses one last time and all three of them headed outside. Taehyung was sitting on the couch, Yoongi standing behind him.

There was a look of concern in Yoongi's eyes while Taehyung was looking at the floor with blank eyes.

Namjoon came forward and sat on the adjacent couch from Taehyung. 

The look in Taehyung's eyes was telling Namjoon that he would not tolerate any talk around, his blank eyes were demanding the truth.

So Namjoon gave in. Everything he had known, he told Taehyung patiently.

"I found Jungkook lying in the puddle of blood in his house. He attempted suicide." His lips trembled and his eyes noticed the slight quivering of Taehyung's face as well.

"This is Hoseok, my friend. I request you to let him live here until Jungkook's condition stabilises." Namjoon requested and received a nod from Yoongi.

"Why did you bring Jungkook here?" Namjoon looked at Taehyung when he heard the cold words.

Namjoon's lips parted in a little sigh. He can understand Taehyung's anger very well. 

"There are things that we don't know yet, Taehyung-ah. And I have contacted the cops to investigate my brother's past month records to detect any suspicious incident. I wanted him to be safe until then and I couldn't find anyone safer thanks to you for my brother." 

Taehyung looked away from Namjoon, his eyes itching with roughness and teeth clanking to behold the curses he was about to let out.

Sweat rolled down from Namjoon's nape before dampening the collars of his shirt, he didn't want to say anything that would irk Taehyung more.

"He would not want to stay here after waking up. I believe you know that. So I suggest bringing him back once he gains consciousness." Taehyung said with a finality in his voice.

"No." The denial comes with a little worry from Namjoon.

"Do everything. Scare him, threaten him, tie him down, beat him! But he should not be taking a step out of this house." Namjoon said, his voice holding utter fear.

"I'm permitting you. But just- I don't want to see him engaging himself in suicide once again. I left him to do anything, to decide for himself, to take decisions of his life for once but not again. Not until I'm assured that there is nothing that's bothering him, pressuring him to do that." 

"Pressuring?" It was Jimin who asked.

Namjoon gulped and nodded his head," My mother is back in the town. And I think whatever Jungkook has done was because she pressured him or maybe threatened him. I'm not sure but I will soon."

"You are saying that everything Jungkook was doing for seven months was a plan?" Yoongi asked, a confused frown placed on his features.

Namjoon nodded his head and looked at Taehyung with tear-filled eyes," If it wasn't a plan, Jungkook would not tire himself to send you a meal once a day. He would not ask his senior to be his one-day fake fiance. He would not ask my lawyer to make fake divorce papers."

Each sentence was breaking Taehyung more and more, the tears that were at the bay started flowing down his cheeks. He could care less to wipe them off. It was a pain that was flowing through Taehyung's body like blood.

Namjoon stared at Taehyung, "If he didn't love Taehyung anymore, he wouldn't have worn his wedding ring around his neck. He wouldn't have attempted suicide when he parts you away from him as if the purpose of his plan is completed." 

"Something terrible is going on, Taehyung-ah. And Jungkook not telling me and you show the seriousness." Namjoon finished and looked at Taehyung to say something.

Taehyung looked away and sighed shakily. His eyes roam towards the wall and ceiling before they settle on Namjoon's face.

"Was it this easy for him to leave me and break our relationship to do these shittier things?" His words felt like a dagger to Namjoon.

He swallowed thickly and replied," it wasn't easy. The result is in front of us." His eyes went to the room where Jungkook was lying unconscious.

"There is no forgiveness for what my brother has done to you, Taehyung. But I am being selfish here. He is still your husband, in papers." He wiped his sweaty hands on his thighs before standing from the couch. He is afraid of Taehyung, sue him.

"I'm leaving him in your care. I will update you, on everything about the situation please do the same. I will be worried for both of you."

Taehyung wasn't looking at Namjoon so he took it as his leaving permission and nodded a little towards hoseok. Yoongi and Hoseok followed him to the door.

Jimin sat on the couch beside Taehyung and he caressed Taehyung's hair and brought his head towards his lap. Taehyung compiled and laid on the couch yet his eyes were fixed towards the door of his room.