Birthday Girl

Dave's POV
I grab my towel and wrap it around my waist. I walk to the bedroom and grab my phone. I call Mimi on speaker and walk to the closet and look for an outfit. "Heyy baby, how was your shower?" I grab a white t shirt and my gray Gallery Dept shorts. "It was coo ma, so when you comin home?" She smacks her lips. "I just left Dave what are you talking about?" I slip on my shorts. "Girl I know, I miss you already." She starts laughin and I hear her blinker turn on. I put on my shirt and walk to the dresser and spray my cologne.

"I just wanted to see wassup with you since I was out the shower ma, my bad." I pick up my phone and walk out the room into the kitchen. "You good baby. We just got to my mom's house. We finally get to start planning for Kai's first birthday!" I sign loudly so she can hear me. "Don't start that sighing shit. You know I'm excited for my baby's birthday." Don't get me wrong, I'm excited to but Mimi CAN'T stop talkin about it. "Mi you been talkin about this all week. I'm just tired of you repeating the WHOLE plan to me like we ain't plan it together."

I warm up the breakfast she made before she left. "Okay well ima go talk to my mom about it. At least she won't mind hearing me." I look at my phone and rub my head. "Girl that's not what I said. But I love y'all and be safe. I'm excited too I can't wait to see everything you order." I hear her and Kai get out the car, walk to the front door, and open it. "We love you too baby. Ima call when I'm on my way home. Oh and I left the pictures on the table by the door." She blows me a kiss through the phone then hangs up the phone.

I start eating my food and texting Carter. Today I'm goin to see Marissa, her ass been in jail since what she did to Mimi. She been blow in my phone up and having her lawyer call me so I'm just finna go. I finish eating so I washed my plate and headed into the room. I grab my gray puffer vest and put it on then grab my wallet and keys off the dresser. I go to the living room and put on my Retros. Once I'm ready I grab the pictures and head out the door.

The drive was about 4 hours but I made it in 3. I'm suppose to be seeing her at 3:30, it's now 3. Once I parked, went through the security checkpoint and they took me to the visiting room. After waiting about 10 minutes, I impatiently check my watch and she walked through the door. She sits down at the table and folder her arms in front of her. "You didn't return my calls. I-I didn't think you'd show up." She pushed her hair out her face and looks up at me. She looks terrified.. and I don't feel bad. "I mean you been blowing my phone up then having yo lawyer do the same. I honestly didn't want to come but Misha suggested I should." She mumbled under her breath, "Tuhhh." She rolled her eyes then looked at me again.

"So you don't even care to check on me? To see what happened to me?" I scrunch my face and laugh. "Did you care what happened to my wife and our baby? No you didn't. You did this to yourself." I took the pictures out my puffer and tossed them on the table. "This what you been missing..."