Tis The Season

Misha's POV
We bring in the last bag and Dave closes the door. "Mi, you don't think you be over doin it?" I smack my lips and roll my eyes. "No I don't actually. And I spent my OWN money this time." He laughs and rubs his hands together. "Oh then let me help you with yo bags ma." I laugh as I walk to the closet to grab the wrapping paper. "Bae you gonna help me wrap these right?" I close the door and walk back to the couch setting all the wrapping paper on the floor next to me. "Yeah baby pass me the tape." I grab the tape from the bag and pass it to him as he sits on the chair.

After spending about an hour wrapping everyone's gifts, we set them around the tree. Dave checks his phone then stands up. "I'm gonna go pick Kai up from my mom's. You want me to pick something up?" I shake my head. "No I'm gonna make us something." He gives me a kiss then heads out the door. I go in the kitchen and start on dinner, making chicken legs, green beans, mac and cheese with cornbread on the side. By the time Dave is back I'm almost done cooking.

He walks in holding Kai. "Heyy mama did you miss mee?" She reaches for me so I pick her up and give her a hug. I go to the counter and give her a small piece of chicken. She takes it and starts chewing on it. I put her in her high chair then start making her plate. I put a spoon full of everything on her pink plate. Dave sits at the table as I set our plates down then grab our drinks. "This looks good ma. Kai almost done already." We start eating and I tell him about my day.

When we finish eating Dave decides to cleaned up the kitchen while I get Kai ready for bed. I go take her to her room and set her in her chair. I grab her pajamas then take her to the bathroom to give her a bath. We go back into her room and I sit in the chair holding her til she falls alseep. After I lay her down I turn off the light and make my way into our bedroom. "She went to sleep?" I nod my head and go over to him. He stands up and hugs me. "I'm ready for bed now. It's been a long day." He pulls away and leads me to the bathroom. "Lucky for you I ran yo bath already. Just get in and I'll get yo clothes." He turns to walk away so I grab his hands. "You don't wanna get in with me?" "I already took my shower while you were putting her to sleep." I look over and notice the mirror has a little fog in it. I nod my head and start undressing then I get in the bath.

Dave leaves out and I lay my head back and close my eyes for a few minutes. After a while I wash up and rinse off. As I wrap my towel around myself, he comes back in with my green and white short Christmas pajama set. I dry off and put my clothes on. We brush our teeth then get into bed and turn on the tv. When we finally settle down I scoot over to him and ask. "You excited for tomorrow?" He looks down at me and nods his head. "Yeah I know the food gone be good. I'm already hungry thinkin about it." I laugh and shake my head. "I feel you on that. I managed to get everybody's size. I almost grabbed 2 more but I remembered you said your parents are going on that trip." "I wanted them to be here but this is their first trip since we been out here." I nod my head and we talk a bit more before watching the rest of our show and after a few episodes I start falling asleep.

When I wake up, I see it's almost 1:30. I stretch then get out of bed and brush my teeth. As I walk into the living room I see Kai and Dave playing with her pink and purple building blocks on the floor. Dave looks up and smiles at me. "I see you finally awake." Kai looks over at me and starts to stand up. I walk to her before she gets too far and pick her up then sit us back down by the blocks. "What y'all been up to while I've been sleep?" I rub Kai's chin and she starts smiling. She turns around and starts playing with her blocks.

"Not much honestly. She woke up pretty early so I gave her chicken with sum mac and cheese. Other than that we been in here playin around and watching her shows." I rub Kai's hair as she plays. "You want me to make us some lunch?" "If you don't mind." I slide Kai off my lap then make my way to the kitchen. I decide to make us turkey BLT sandwiches. When I'm finished I take our plates into the living room. I set Kai's plate in front of her then hand Dave his as I sit down. "Thanks ma." I wipe off Kai's hand then we start eating.