Chapter 5: Got Bit By A Chick!?

"Brooke..."

"Mhmm, five more minutes," I mumbled.

The quilt was ripped away from me, and when the cold touched me I shot up. Nanami was sat on the ground, looking up innocently at me.

"Why did you wake me up early?" I groaned while walking to the bathroom. "You could have least-..."

I looked carefully in the mirror, to be sure I was positive in what I was seeing. I brought my hand to my cheek, and gently brought it up to my eye. No way.

I screamed.

My eyes were red!

~•~

"NANAMI!" I screeched. She rushed to my side and replied with, "Yes? What's the matter?" I raised my eyebrow. "Don't 'what's the matter?' me! My eyes!" "What's the matter with your eyes?" She hesitated.

"THEY'RE RED!" I shrieked.

She gasped. "I thought they were contacts or you're original eye colour!"

"Lady Nanami, Lady Brooke!" Called a voice. We looked at each other and brushed the whole situation off (well I couldn't, obviously...) while departing the bathroom. "Yes," we both answered.

"Today is the start of your godly duties!" Kotetsu and Onikiri said sweetly. I vaguely remember this part as well.

"And that is...?" Nanami said, with a hint of worry.

And then like a train it hit me. I remembered.

We wasn't here to be pampered and praised.

We were here to work.

~ • ~

As I scrubbed the shrine's floor, I couldn't help but wonder, is this what Tomoe does every single day?

Clean, write, check and repeat.

What a sad life.

"Saddo," I muttered under my breath. CREAK! I whipped around quickly and was face to face with the saddo.

I exhaled and continued with my duty. "What are you doing here, fox-boy? Can't you see I'm actually doing something."

He chuckled. "Yes, you're doing a splendid job, but look!" I rose from the ground and looked for the 'stain' but there was none.

"Haha, so-..."

Before I could say anything I was pinned against the wall. "WHAT THE HELL, TOMOE!" I tried pushing him away, but honestly he was too strong.

"I know your secret," he whispered into my ear. I stopped trying now. "W-what secret?" He just started smiling. "I'm an open book," I said. He growled and yelled, "Why did Mikage give you the damn power!?" I looked in to his eyes, and all I saw was a confused, jealous child.

I'm not going to lose. I'm not going to stop. I'm not going to be the weak one.

I then smirked, causing Tomoe to have a confused look on his face. "You should never," I placed my cheek beside his hand and said softly, "Disrespect a pissed chick."

And bit him.

He yelped and let go of me.

"Bye, fox-boy! Break a leg with Nanami. But if you seriously hurt Nanami, I will be on your case!"

I ran outside and left Tomoe, ashamed that he just got attacked by a chick.

But as I turned around to see if he was chasing after me, all I saw was him smiling.

The Fangirl In Kamisama Kiss?जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें