Chapter 14: Jealous Much?

Seven hundred volts of thunder to the east," muttered Tomoe, gazing at the terrible, harsh weather outside. I sipped my herbal tea and asked, "What does that mean?" He remained silent and continued with his 'familiar duties'.

Wow, is he on his period? All day he has been giving me the silent treatment. But the thing that's pissing me off is that I don't even know what I've done! Moody fox.

CRASH!

"YIPES!" I screamed, jumping up. Oh great, I've scolded myself. "Hot, hot, hot!" I whisper-yelled as I jumped up quickly. I tried cooling down my new scolded burn by blowing on it. I couldn't go into school with a burn like this on my hand!

"Crap!" I yelled. My uniform was now covered in herbal tea, brilliant. Great fricking start to the day. I grunted loudly and rushed into my room.

As I entered the room, I noticed that my 'Kamisama Hajimemashita' book was sticking out of my backpack.

I really did like this book. The artwork was so beautiful in the book. Page by page, detail by detail, I really did admire the authors artwork. I was currently on chapter 23, and I was really getting into this manga. And I was starting to ship Tomoe and Nanami. If only they were together in this world.

"Lady Brooklyn," Tomoe started.

The shutter began opening so I shoved the book under my mattress. Grabbing the blanket, I covered myself so Tomoe thought I was asleep. I wasn't going school today! Especially with this disgusting, bright red burn on my arm.

Clomp, clomp, clomp.

I shut my eyes really tightly, but Tomoe knew I was faking it because he pulled the blanket off me. "Get up, you lazy coward!" Snarled Tomoe. I faked a cough and rasped, "I-I can't today, I feel sick!" He wasn't buying it, was he? I didn't want to do this, but I have no choice.

Puppy eyes it was.

"What are you doing?" He pondered as he watched me. "Giving you the puppy eyes. Is it working?" Tomoe raised an eyebrow and pulled me up. "Get dressed or I will dress you!"

I sighed. "You'd love that wouldn't you, pervert," I muttered to myself as I walked towards my wardrobe. Tomoe laughed and said, "Like you said when we first met, when I'm drunk I will gladly enjoy that!"

I grabbed my fresh, clean uniform and turned around. Tomoe was still here! "Get out!" I screamed. He just smiled and leaned against the frame of the shutter. "Now why would I do that? I am a pervert, remember?"

I growled and stormed up to him. "What the hell has caused your panties in a twist?" He was still smiling, this was annoying me now. Wait...

"You're not still upset about yesterday, are you?" I pressed. He rolled his eyes and snapped up his fan. "You are, aren't you!"

"Why would you insinuate that, now?" He said sarcastically, fanning his fan faster than before. I laughed and placed my clothes on my mattress. "You're mad that I stood up for Kurama!" He rolled his eyes again and mumbled, "Absurd."

But this was more than anger. "You're jealous, aren't you? You're jealous that I showed some sort of kindness to Kurama, and not you! Gosh, Tomoe! You're so childish!" I persisted at him. He growled and whirled round to the door. Oh, c'mon! What have I done now? My hand latched onto his wrist and I pulled him back. Tomoe's steely eyes were now looking into mine. He looked so bored yet expressionless. 

"Brooklyn, please let go of my wrist," he snapped, trying to wriggle his wrist from my grip. I tightened my grip around his bony wrist and sighed. Okay, well here it goes.

"I don't know why you are upset about Kurama, honestly you shouldn't be, but I'm sorry. I  forgot to actually thank you for saving my ass. If it wasn't for you I would have probably been attacked or kidnapped or something. I know I say a lot of harsh things to you, and most the times you deserve it." Tomoe's ears twitched with irritation. This made me smile. "But I just want you to know that you done well," I lifted my hand up onto his head and started the gently pat it. "Thank you for being there for me. I mean it."