Chapter 6: Tomoe's Fanclub

"So what is this place?" Wailed Nanami, quivering with fear. Kotetsu explained, I heard some words like darkness, death, yokai, another world, you know all the happy, satisfying words which wouldn't make a teenager (like me) scared, but I was more focused on how I would apologise to that incredibly annoying fox.

"I'm sorry...but I'm right that you are a jackass."

"I'm sorry, please let me and Nanami stay!"

"I'm sorry, but do you know how annoying you are?"

I scrunched my nose and started pulling on my hair. "We're here!" Announced Kotetsu. I looked up, and I instantly felt an unwelcoming feel towards the place. Darkness. Absolutely everywhere.

It was like walking into a dark room, but with deadly yokai. Not the best offer I had in mind. "So, where is Tomoe?" Onikiri held up her lantern and shouted, "MASTER TOMOE!?" No answer. I looked towards Nanami, feeling uncertain. "MASTER TOMOE? WHERE ARE YOU?"

I muttered under my breath a heap of curse words. Stupid fox. I sighed, pulled up my sleeves and stomped my way through the tranquil street. "COME OUT, YOU MORON!" I screamed from the top of my lungs.

"You're not a very charming character are you?"

I growled. To my right was a beautiful building, in that building was Tomoe and his 'fan club'. "What the hell are you doing here?" I snapped. "You're suppose to be cleaning and looking after the shrine! Not giving your fan club VIP tickets!"

"But aren't you the new time God?" He recalled as he took a sip from his golden cup. "Yes, but I'm the time God, not the land God! You're suppose to be looking after the Shrine with Nanami!"

"And why should I?" He questioned. "Why should I take care of you two, when all you are is rude and foolish." I'm already imagining taping ductape over his goddamn mouth.

"Look, moron," I argued, "Nanami needs you! The shrine is literally in shambles. You can call me foolish and rude and whatever, but you dare disrespect Nanami I will punch you square in the face. I'm leaving anyway, so don't worry, I won't see your ugly face again and-..."

"I'm not going back there."

My jaw dropped. "And ugly face? May I remind you I am one of the most powerful yokai's in the land, women worship me, and I bet you would be one of them, if it wasn't for your god awful attitude."

I laughed. "If I'm ever drunk, that's when you'll be good looking! And attitude? You're the only one that I give attitude to!" He glared at me, but was interrupted by Kotetsu and Onikiri and their complaining.

"Master Tomoe!" Wailed Onikiri, "Hanging around The Red Light district? How selfish!" Kotetsu held his head down in disappointment. "How sad Mikage would be!"

Mikage.

Just think how upset Mikage would be if Tomoe just left out the blue. But didn't he do that? This story confuses me a lot.

Wait, would Mikage be upset if I left? He did want me to help Nanami and Tomoe have their happy ending. He gave me a home and another chance. A new start. A new life. What was I doing?!

Did I really want to throw that away? Just for my own selfish reasons?

"Unfortunately, Mikage is not here anymore. My days as a familiar has come to an end, and I intend to spend my days relaxing and indulging myself in riches and drinking." This made me mad.

"Lady Brooke!" Shouted Kotetsu, worryingly. I strutted my way to Tomoe, snatched the cup from his grasp and splashed it all over his insufferable face.