Chapter 18: Himemiko's Tea Party -Part 1-

I've got to keep as far away from Tomoe or else I'm going to end up wrecking this story and it's storyline.

So far I've kissed two of the main characters, started lots of conflict, Tomoe chose my mirror to stay in, not Mikage's and Tomoe and Nanami haven't even made a move on each other.

I have a list that's got all the things I've done since I've got here (which could DESTROY ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING ABOUT THIS STORY!)!

I stared into the mirror and put my hair in a high-ponytail. Fresh air, that's what I needed. I left the bathroom and walked outside. I saw Nanami still practising how to make the blossoms bloom. She covered all the blossom trees with the white talismans she kept on her. Gotta admire a girl for perseverance!

She caught me staring and just waved and smiled at me. I did the same back, and sat on the edge of the surface of the shrine. The weather was really lovely today. The sun was out, not a sign of any clouds anywhere, and it was really hot. Did I really have to wear a kimono at all times? I'm boiling!

Sighing, I glided my index finger on the surface and, like always, there wasn't a spot of dirt to be seen. Tomoe really cares for this shrine, doesn't he? I haven't thought of it but I've never had this kind of luxury. I would have to clean, cook, and run errands, but now Tomoe does it all for me.

"Good morning, Lady Brooke." Speak of the devil. I just awkwardly smiled and ran back inside. Remember Brooke, keep as far away from him, so you won't have to be with him. I just really wanted to get out of the 'Kamisama Kiss' world!

Scrambling into my room and locking my shutter, I slid on to the ground and wrapped my arms around my legs. I just need to continue and ignore.

Continue and ignore.

Continue and ignore.

Tap, tap.

Continue and ignore.

Tap, tap, tap.

Continue and ignore.

"Lady Brooklyn, are you not feeling well?" Asked Tomoe in a monotone voice. I sighed and crawled in to my bed, giving Tomoe no answer.

"Lady Brooklyn?" He asked again, but more seriously. I couldn't be mean to him, but being mean was probably my best option in leaving this place.

"I am okay, now please go away," I ordered coldly. I couldn't see Tomoe's facial expressions, but from the shutter I could see he was scratching his head. I really wish I could take that back now.

"You're not being serious, are you Brooke?" He said, with annoyance and spite in his words. "You do realise that when you give me a command-..."

"You must obey it," I finished quietly, "yes I'm not stupid, I'm quite aware. And this is a command, so, obey it!" I'm not going to cry.

Tomoe gave a sad sigh as a show of defeat. "By the way," he started, "Princess Himemiko expects you and Lady Nanami to attend her tea party. I will leave the clothes that I wish for you wear outside of your room."

I sat up and took my high-ponytail out. Great, a party. I sighed and looked up to my shutter. Tomoe was still standing outside. Why?

"Tomoe, go away."

Tomoe spun around and started walking away. "Goodbye, Brooke."

~ • ~

I was ready. Finally, I added my red lipstick to my lips. I stepped back and looked in the mirror, sighing with relief. I actually looked nice for once.

Chuckling, I tried tying my belt around my waist. Damn long belts. "Brilliant!" I muttered under my breath.

"Would you like some help, miss?" This guy is literally stalking me now. I pinched the bridge of my nose and moaned, "Tomoe, I told you to leave me alone."