Chapter 32: Unexpected Acts

Tomoe's POV

2 Days Before...

"Nanami?"

We both looked up and down at one another. I started to tap my finger on my cheek. What was she doing here? It's practically in the middle of nowhere.

"Erm, hey Tomoe, what's happening?" She began awkwardly, breaking the silence between us.

I looked down at the box in my hand then back up to Nanami. "I've just been out."

Nanami looked at me wide-eyed and then she started laughing.

What was so funny? I raised an eyebrow and asked her, "What do you find so amusing?" She ignored my question and continued to laugh. Nanami then pointed at me and then at the pink, fluffy box in my hand.

That day I swore I felt my pride and dignity slip away from me like that.

I could slowly start to feel that I was becoming irritated. How dare she laugh at me! Rolling my eyes, I lit up my blue fox-fire and like that she was as quiet as the old, fat,white-bearded man in red tiptoeing by a sleeping toddler on the 25th December.

Nanami gulped which made me smirk with delight.

"Okay," she sighed miserably, "what do you want?"

I looked into her eyes and said, "We need to talk about Brooke."

-

Brooklyn POV
Present

"And the rest you can figure out on your own." Concluded Tomoe harshly. NO FAIR! How can I possibly figure out the rest with such little to lead me on? Did he get the ring? Why was Nanami in the forest in the first place? And where the hell did the black cloaks come from?

I growled at him to which he laughed and started to walk away. He wasn't just going to leave it there, was he?

"WHERE ARE YOU GOING? YOU SAID-..."

Nanami put her hand over my mouth. She then yawned and said, "Sure we don't have neighbours but think about the neighbours and the rest of Japan, please?"

That made no sense whatsoever. Well the first part, but I need answers! I mean not only will the guy being saving my ass but his and Nanami's! Tomoe knows something in how I can get out of here and honestly I want to know what happened.

"Now on the count of three I will take my hand away from your mouth, okay?" Nanami whispered to me. Was she serious? I rolled my eyes and nodded to tell her I understood.

"Okay," she started, "three...two...one."

Silence.

"Good, Brookie! Now I'm going to bed because today has been a hell of a day." I sighed and lay my back against the wall and closed my eyes. She's right. Today has been a hell of a day.

I felt a hand on my shoulder. "I'm sorry Brooke, I only know up until then anyway so I can't tell you anymore. Tomoe will have to tell you soon enough."

I slowly opened my eyes and held Nanami's hand. "It's okay, Nanami. I'm sorry I overreacted." Nanami squeezed my hand and laid her head on my shoulder.

"Promise me that we will never fight again?"

I chuckled and laid my head on top of Nanami's head.

"Hobo-buddies can't fight, we're too busy fighting over who's sleeping on the bench and who's sleeping under."

Nanami chuckled and we both fell into a deep sleep sitting in the same position against the wall and never did I think that sitting against a wall would be such a comfortable place to sleep.