Chapter 16: The Tengu Has A Grudge

"You've both gotten pretty cute, haven't you?" Stated a calm, deep voice. My body was still shivering, but I could feel my body temperature was now neutral. Where am I? My eyes remained closed, and I listened to what was being said. I wanted to know who saved mine, Nanami and Tomoe's life.

"S-Shut up!" Stuttered another. Was that Nanami? "B-But we are sorry that we suddenly just popped up like this. Especially as you are feeling ill as well, Kurama." I then heard a sad sigh from someone.

I couldn't believe it. Kurama? Did Kurama save us? Why?

Kurama laughed and sat at the bottom of the bed next to my feet. "Not feeling well? Ah, that's just an excuse for me when I'm actually at work," the jackass explained. I suddenly kicked him hardly on his thigh.

What? He deserved it.

"OWW!" He cried, jumping up from the bed. My eyes fluttered open. My glasses were taken off me! Where were they? I rubbed my eyes and sat up straight.

"Good morning, Charming," I yawned sarcastically.

Kurama tutted and opened his curtains. "It's evening, Princess." I let out a sudden sigh. It was night still? I scratched my head and then looked out the window, but something caught my eye.

Sleeping peacefully, but breathing heavily next to me was Tomoe. Cursing mentally, I opened my mouth for those words to flow out at Tomoe, but then I snapped it shut. I couldn't be mean to Tomoe. Especially in that form.

Nanami waddled up to me in her adorable form. She started tugging on my school skirt and said, "Kurama said that Tomoe's state is not from him turning into a child, but it's regressing due to all the power he has! What will we do, Brooke?"

"Hmm," I started, "You're a demon Tengu, aren't you Kurama?" His face dropped and he shouted, "STOP SAYING TENGU! I AM A FALLEN ANGEL!" He's still a demon, Tengu or not.

"Only in advertisements," muttered Nanami sadly. I chuckled and ran my hand through my hair. "Well, you must have something for Tomoe as you both are kinda the-..."

"Don't compare me with that moron fox!" He hissed, towering over Tomoe. Wow, Kurama actually sounded really...I don't know...upset with how I compared him to Tomoe. Okay, I can tell he still has grudge.

"Anyway," he began as he opened a bottle, "that's why he has this fever. No doctor can cure this, and the the only way for him to be cured is for him to return into his original body. But I do have something that is temporary."

He pulled from the bottle a pill. He then placed it in a glass and swirled it around for a bit. A menacing grin appeared on his face. Yep, I was right.

He still has a grudge when it comes to the ostrich incident.

"Be thankful fox," he said, sounding like a mad lunatic, "this pill has been passed down to me from centuries and centuries and-..."

CHOMP!

Tomoe bit Kurama.

"GAAAH! LITTLE-..."

"Kurama I need to speak to you," I said quickly grabbing on to his other hand which wasn't bit by Tomoe. "We will leave you two in peace! Nanami, take good care of Tomoe, okay?"

Because I do worry about Tomoe.

~ • ~

"Right, I need some answers, so start talking, Tengu!" I yelled, pacing around the room.

Kurama sprawled himself across his sofa and replied, "I'm guessing you mean when I kissed you, right?" I froze. So he hasn't forgotten either.

"Y-Yeah, well, tell me! Why did you show me those images? And who was that woman?" I gulped, sweat trickling from my forehead. A smirk was displayed on Kurama's face.