Chapter 7: How Stupidly Thoughtful

Tomoe made a loud sigh. We both stood up and Tomoe pushed me at the yokai.

"AHHH! What the hell are you doing!?" I screamed. Well that went well! ISN'T HE SUPPOSED TO BE THE ONE SAVING MY ASS? He put his finger to his lip and said, "You can take her."

"Really? But isn't she your-..."

"No, I'm just in a bad mood, and I would just love some entertainment."

I glared at him. He mouthed, "Call my name." I grunted. "You want entertainment? You're going to get entertainment!" He sat up, with a wide, stupid grin on his face. But guess who's wiping that grin off his face?

"Don't you think I know how familiar's work and the power bind crap?" I smirked. Yes, I know that the more strict and direct the command is, the more the command becomes important, so he must listen. I also know that as that was the last chapter I read.

"RIGHT, YOU STUPID FOX, COME AND KICK THEIR ASSES!" Tomoe's face dropped.

Then chains on his wrist appeared and he yelled, "CURSE YOU!"

And it went so quick. Tomoe sliced the yokais in half. He was so graceful and so swift in movement, it did interest me.

But that was until a shooting pain was felt in my right arm, and I was slowly lifted up into the air. What was happening? I looked at the mess Tomoe caused, but I noticed that one yokai was missing.

The missing yokai was lifting me up.

"God sake!" I yelled. Tomoe chuckled, but stopped when I shot him a dirty look. The yokai pressed harder on my arm, causing me to wince. I looked down at the ground.

I failed. I couldn't save Nanami. I couldn't even get through the second chapter of this story. I am a screw up.

"Okay Tomoe," I sniffled, still staring at the ground, "I'm sorry! Tomoe, please help me. I-I do need you!"

"You're mine n-n...AAHH!"

I could feel something trickling down my arm. I looked up and saw the yokai. But it's head was a metre in front of us. There was yokai blood on my arm!

The grip of the yokai's hand started to become loose. Crap, crap, crap, crap. "AHHH!" I squealed falling to the ground.

I closed my eyes, bracing myself for the pain I would feel in my body momentarily. But I never felt it.

"And I thought you were a strong person." My eyes opened, and I was faced with Tomoe's purple, dull eyes. Tomoe caught me. He actually isn't that...WAIT!

"Douchebag say whaaat? And who was the one who nearly tried to kill me off? Hmm!"

He dropped me on the ground.

"Owww!" I moaned loudly.

"MASTER TOMOE, LADY BROOKE!" Kotetsu was running towards us. I could tell he was frightened but I could also tell he hated running. Poor Kotetsu.

I pushed myself up from the ground. "KOTETSU!" I called. He came running and started hugging my knees, panting very hard.

"I-I-I'm...so sorry...Lady Brooke," he cried, "Lady Nanami is in big trouble!" I kneeled down and hugged onto Kotetsu tightly. "Shh," I cooed into his hear, "You did well, Kotetsu. I'm very happy that you tried your best to help Nanami, and I will never forget that."

I could hear Tomoe grunting. I parted the hug and looked up to Tomoe.

"Tomoe, I need you to do me a favor."

~ • ~

"So I must remember to say all of that? How stupidly thoughtful. But why must I say those exact words towards Lady Nanami?" Tomoe uttered.