Chapter 36: We're At The Seaside

"Hey fox-boy!" I called to him, but no reply. Tomoe was sitting on a massive, round rock. I think he was messing around with a shellfish. How odd.

"Hey, are you listening to me?" And again, no reply. I cracked my fingers and with a determined look on my face I decided to go over to him.

"Tomoe, are you alright?" I said as I started to near him. Was he in a bad mood or something?

"Hello?" I said. I was literally standing next to the guy now. He blanked me. Seriously, what's the dude's problem?

"Jeez, what's got your knickers in a twist?" I groaned whilst I sat myself next to him. He didn't even look at me.

"So you're not talking, hmm?" No reply.

Right, I guess I've gotta do it.

"Please talk to me."

He brought his knees up to his face.

"Pleaseeeee Tomoeeeee."

Here it goes.

"Please Onii-chan?"

He then slowly started to turn his head. He looked annoyed. Like super-mega annoyed.

"Too far?" I asked. Tomoe nodded his head.

"WELL HEY IMPROVEMENT ON COMMUNICATION!" I cheered. Tomoe was still staring at me, and this continued for a bit.

"Is there something on my face or do you really like my face or something?" Then I realized what I said, and in that moment of time knew I screwed up. My face was probably as red as a tomato by now.

He said nothing but gave me small yet sad smile. I was starting to become concerned. "Tomoe, I'm worried. Are you..."

Tomoe gently grabbed the back of my head and kissed my forehead.

"H-h-hey, what was that for!?" I demanded whilst still looking like a tomato.

"Because of what I am going to do next," he said with a deadpan face. He held my hand and placed the shellfish in it.

Seconds later, a familiar scream was heard.

Nanami's scream.

Which was shortly followed by thunder, lightning, and a loud splash.

-

It was like some sort of instinct or something.

It was kind of odd. It was strange to begin with, but isn't everything strange at the beginning?

I closed my eyes and just let go. My body hit the cold, bitter sea and it's waves. The water felt like small daggers of glass were piercing into my skin, but I had to move.

What the hell was I doing?

My body heat was escaping from my body. It was like the sea was absorbing all my heat and energy. It was stealing it away from me, slowly yet painfully.

"NANAMI!" I shouted. There was no answer.

"AMI!" I shouted louder than before.

"NANAMI!"

This went on for a while and I thought I could do it for longer.

Well until a wave engulfed me.

-

It was dark. I couldn't open my eyes.

I tried to say 'hello' but my lips felt they were sewn together or something.

Where was I?

"I warned you, didn't I?"

Who warned me? Wait a minute, I know this guy.