Chapter 12: Badass Nanami

"You dyed your hair black?" Nanami asked. I really wanted to say something witty and sarcastic back, but I didn't want to upset Nanami. Only Tomoe gets my sarcasm. Also, Nanami is literally the only person I can trust at the minute. "Yeah, I did! You like it?"

We grabbed our school bags and started walking out when Tomoe grabbed onto my shoulder. I spun around and right in front of my face was my glasses.

"You are forgetting these," he said waving them in front of my face. I snatched the glasses off him and grabbed one box of food from him. "Thanks," I mumbled coldly and stood next to Nanami.

"Nanami, you can't-..."

Nanami grabbed a box of food from him and ran off saying "Thank you!" I rolled my eyes and walked out when Tomoe said something as he held the purple fox hat in his grip.

"I like your hair," he said. I squinted my eyes and just sighed.

"What? You are just going to ignore me after I gave you a compliment?" He said sweetly. "Go away, Tomoe," I mumbled walking away. "But I just gave you a compliment!"

"So? Whatever!"

"And I have saved you many times!"

"And your point is?" I said storming out.

"When will you ever been genuinely thankful for the things I do for you!?" He exclaimed. Did I sense frustration in his voice? And was I that ungrateful? I sighed and ran to the bus stop. Then I heard a massive thud, and Onikiri and Kotetsu shrieking, "Master Tomoe!" What a drama queen.

Foxes do confuse me.

~ • ~

We were late for the bus (well I was), so we decided to walk to school. As Nanami lectured me about knowing the time, I couldn't help but notice something which made my spine tingle. I caused conflict with most the main characters. One of Mikage's rules.

"Brooke, now-...BROOKE!" I snapped out of my trance and ran to Nanami who was now on the corner, and I was on the start of the road. "Sorry Nanami, I promise I won't do it ever again!" I promised. Nanami sighed and linked her arm with mine. "It's okay, just...focus on the time, not Tomoe." She thinks I was focusing on Tomoe? Why would I focus on him!? As I said the first time we met, when I'm drunk that's when he'll be good looking, which will be never! No, I was right. He always messes with my head, so I'm going to mess with his!

I plugged my headphones in and pressed play, and let this mad world escape my mind.

That was until Nanami was pulled back by a couple of our classmates. "Hey, Nanami!" One girl called. "How are you, Nanami?" Another asked so sweetly it was too sickly. "You look nice today, Nanami!" Complimented a smaller girl. Nanami unhooked herself from our link. Why was she leaving me? Now I'm a loner, like always. "Thank you, Kyoto!" She chirped. "So is Tomoe with you?" One of the girls blurted. I laughed. So that's why they said hello. Just to see Tomoe, and as if he would be interested in them. Stupid fangirls.

"Erm...sorry...only me and-..."

"Oh!" They whined walking away from us. I tutted and re-linked arms with Nanami. Oh, poor Nanami. "Nanami, you are really gullible," I teased. "I know," she sighed, "I know."

SCREECH!

A car swerved right next to us (by the way did I mention ME AND NANAMI NEARLY DIED!) and Mr-It's-All-About-Me stepped out the life threatening vehicle (just another reminder, I NEARLY DIED!).

"Jeez buddy! Me and Nanami could have been squashed pancakes just because of your fancy car! Watch where you're going!" I yelled quite furiously. He smirked and said, "I'm sorry sweetheart, would you like a ride to school? An apology of my stupidity and recklessness?" I started walking towards Kurama, but Nanami beat me to it. "We don't need to!" Nanami snapped. "Where's your hat today? Why not? You too shy? To embarrassed?" Laughed Kurama.