Chapter 8

A Few Days Ago..

"Sorry if we took a while to get here. We had to drop off our friend."

Choso says as him, Sukuna, and Mahito get off the car. They make their way to Toji, who's leaning against his truck while his partner sits in the driver seat with the window down.

"Why must we always meet here? Can't we go to a bar or at your place?" Toji asks, referring to the shady area around them.

"Too risky. We might run into someone whom we do NOT want involved." Choso says with certainty.

"What's with the sudden sneakiness?" Toji puts a hand in his pocket. He knew them well enough to know that it wasn't like them to be acting like this.

Mahito laughs and teases the brothers. "They don't want their little girlfriend involved."

Toji smirks. "Girlfriend?"

"She'd be a pain in the ass as a girlfriend." Sukuna lies through his teeth as he turns his head.

Choso shakes his head. "We just have a girl that hangs out with us, that's all."

"And I'm guessing that she doesn't know a thing about what you guys do." Toji looks at them, unamused. Of course, they didn't want you to know what they did.

Sukuna sighs at the thought. "She'd definitely would stop being friends with us."

Toji was definitely not interested in this topic. "So what? There are plenty of other broads out there."

"Oh, but this broad is different." Mahito grins widely

Toji rolls his eyes. "They're all the same."

"This settlement won't work if you continue to talk down on our dear friend." Choso says defensively.

"I couldn't give a damn about your friend. So, what do you guys need?"

Sukuna growls. He never liked working or being around Toji, but he puts up with it since Toji is very good at his job. "We need information and a favor."

"Payment?"

"Cash."

Toji holds his hand out, wanting to be paid upfront. Choso pulls out money and hands it to Toji, Sukuna, and Mahito doing the same. Sukuna mumbles something under his breath, causing Choso to nudge him.

Toji takes the money and counts it before smirking, shoving the bills in his pocket. "What kind of information do you guys need?"

"Just looking for a certain twin that goes by the name Kenjaku." Mahito says as he grins at Toji.

Toji thinks for a moment before answering. "He's around somewhere, but I'll see what I can find. Why do you need information about him?"

Choso looks at him confused. Toji never asks for a reason as long as he gets paid. What was with the sudden interest?

Sukuna, who didn't want to be there but had to, answers him with a hint of annoyance in his voice. "We can't tell you."

"I will need to know since he's a hard guy to track." Toji says in a serious tone.

Choso finally explains, knowing that there was no way Toji would instantly deny if they don't. "He's our friend's ex, and we believe that he's the one who was behind this."

He pulls out his phone and shows him. Toji leans in to get a better look and scoffs at what was on the screen. "A bounty? Is that your friend? So much for not wanting her to be involved. She basically is."

Choso sighs as he knows that Toji isn't wrong and has to accept it. He never thought anyone would do this to you, but he was ready to kill.

"And the favor?"