Chapter 28

"So.. how are we doing this?" Toji asked.

You both were currently in your family's house, in your old room that seemed to have been untouched since you had left all those years ago.

"I was honestly hoping that we'd get a hotel room or something, not this." You say with a sigh.

Toji smirked. "Well, it was your mom's idea, and she was so nice about it that your shielded heart couldn't say no. Now, decide how we are going to sleep."

"Well, I don't mind sleeping in the same bed, but..." You trailed off and looked at Toji from head to toe. "I've never been in a bed with anyone besides my friends."

"Am I still not your friend? Did I come out here with you for nothing?" He teased, making you smile. "Your family is a fucking headache though."

Even that comment made you smile. "See why I don't like my family?"

"I am surprised that you seem like the only one who is normal." Toji's sentence ended quickly as he finally decided to look around, taking in the sight of your room. "You must've spent a lot of time alone if it looks like this."

"If you look around good enough, you might just find either empty bottles and cans or unopened ones." You say nonchalantly.

Toji started walking slowly around your room, looking at everything that was hung up on the walls, as well as everything that sat on your dresser. "Yeah, I did hear your mom tease you saying that you were always good at hiding alcohol in your room instead of everything else your brothers bothered when they were younger."

You scoff and smile, sitting down on your bed. "Clearly, not good enough if she knew I was hiding alcohol."

"Who are these people?" Toji asked, picking up a picture frame with you and other people in it.

"Oh, my.. friends. Mai, Tezuka, Shion, Low, and Chase." You say, not really showing enthusiasm while you named them.

Toji studied the picture. "Why do you and the other one look young while the others look like adults already?"

"That picture was taken when I was fifteen. The one who looks young is Mai, she was a year older than me. Tezuka was Mai's mom, who was my friend as well. Shion, I met him from Tezuka. Low was Tezuka's cousin, and Chase was Mai's older brother, who was also my friend." You explained, pointing out who was who.

"Were you just friends with the whole family?" Toji asked, making you nod.

"I was friends with Mai and her older siblings. Chase and Star. Star was the nickname of her older sister, but I never knew her real name. Eventually, I started being friends with both their mom and dad. Then, I ended up being introduced to the rest of the family and so on. Shion was the only one who wasn't related to them. We wanted a picture, but only ones we were very close with."

"I'm starting to think you planned on being friends with Choso and Sukuna to replace this family." Toji said with a smirk.

I rolled my eyes at his words. "Please. I was nervous about even talking to both of them. It was them who came to me."

"So, these people are the ones who live across the road?" He asked, putting the picture frame down back where it was.

You nodded at his question. "I want to see how they're doing, but I can't see myself doing such a thing." You blurted with a nervous smile.

Toji looked back at you with a surprised look on his face. "Really? Why is that?"

"I don't know." You shrugged, knowing perfectly well why you didn't want to.