Chapter 23

Y/n's POV
Flashback

Ring..

Ring..

Ring..

"Who is it?"

I felt around under my pillow from my bed. I was too tired and answered the call without looking at the name.

"Hello?"

"Twenty-four hours! Where are you?"

I yawned, turning to lay on my side and answering in a tired tone. "What kind of a nickname is that?"

"The kind for a person who says, "Hold on, I need to get something from my house real quick. I'll be back." And doesn't come back until the next day at the same time she leaves!"

The voice at the other end said mockingly.

I couldn't help but laugh while sitting up to stretch. "Alright. I'll come over in a bit."

"Okay, good! Shion is already here, waiting for you."

<-Call ends.

"What time is it anyway?" I mutter to myself.

5:00 am.

'At least no one is awake right now.' I thought to myself. I got myself out of bed and made my way into the shower. After my shower, I took a peek outside my window. What I saw was my friend's house across the road. A navy blue car parked in the driveway with rap music playing loudly that I can feel the vibration of the bass beneath my feet.

I put on my eyeliner, mascara, and lipstick, not really trying to look good. I mean, I am just going across the road.

After I was done getting ready, I sprayed myself with perfume and grabbed my phone. I made it out of the house quickly and quietly without waking anyone up. Even if I don't come back right away, mom still wouldn't lecture me. I walked across the road with a smile on my face as I saw my two friends, Tezuka and Shion, leaning against the car, waiting for me.

"And here she is! Twenty-four hours!"

I laughed as I approached the two. "Stop, no more!"

"Can you please watch my house really quick? We're going to give someone a ride and we'll come back with drinks." Tezuka said to me.

'I had a feeling something like this might happen, but why this early in the morning?'

At the corner of my eye, I saw Shion look at Tezuka with his eyes widened, as if he wasn't expecting her to say that.

"I thought we were all going?" Shion stated, waiting for what Tezuka had to say.

Tezuka had an annoyed look on her face as her eyes narrowed at Shion, but her smile never dropped. 'She was faking her smile..'

"But I need someone to watch my house, my grandson is here." Tezuka argued.

Tezuka's answer only frustrated Shion more. I just woke up, and they didn't have plans? Or, they did, but.. I don't know.

"Well, you can stay and watch your grandson while Y/n and I will go, and come back with drinks.."

"I-I can watch your house."

Tezuka wrapped an arm around my shoulder and smirked at Shion. "See? She wants to watch my house."

Shion sighed and looked me dead in the eye. Has he not slept yet?

"Are you going to be here when I get back?" He asked.

I nodded and giggled at his question. "I'll be here. I'm not going to leave a child home alone by himself. Crazy!"