Chapter 20

Y/n's Flashback

You fixed yourself up in the restroom mirror once more. You were wearing red short pants, with a white tank top with an oversized jacket. You had long black thigh-high socks, black combat boots, with a choker, and had your hair down. You adored your figure, and the style suited your body perfectly well. Once you were done, you made your way out of the restroom. You saw a black car pull up outside, and you immediately ran out the door. You jumped into the passenger side, putting on your seatbelt, and was greeted by a sigh of frustration.

"You know I hate it when you dress like that. It draws too much attention. This school should have some sort of dress code or something." Kenjaku mumbles.

"This school does have a dress code and so far, I haven't gotten in trouble. This school is not exactly like a high school, you know."

"It still doesn't change the fact that your outfit for your age is deemed inappropriate at a high school." He says as he drives out of the campus.

You look out the window. "Do you have a problem with my age?"

"You know I don't. I just don't understand why you need to expose yourself like that."

"Fine. I'll stop dressing like this." You say as you lean back in your seat, keeping your gaze forward.

Kenjaku sighed. "We'll continue this conversation back at the house."

The ride back home was silent. You understood what he was trying to say and that he didn't like it. If you were still living with your parents, your mom wouldn't have a problem with the way you dressed. Your dad would, but he would never say it to your face. Well, step-dad to be exact. The car had come to a stop, and you opened your door, grabbed your bag, and made your way towards the door. You waited until Kenjaku unlocked it with his keys. He didn't even look at you.

You took off your boots and put your bag on the chair as you walked straight into the bedroom. You sat on the edge of the bed, plugging your phone on the charger.

Kenjaku walked into the room and crossed his arms, staring down at you. "So?"

"So..?" You say back to him.

He sighed. "Look. It's not that I don't want you to stop dressing like that. You look very beautiful, and it worries me."

"That's why I carry a pocket knife with me when I dress like this."

Kenjaku chuckled softly. "I like your spirit, but you're missing my point."

Your phone starts ringing, interrupting him. You immediately apologized to him and declined the call.

"My point is you don't need to be dressing like that just to get attention. Why would you want anyone else's attention when I'm the one giving you all of my attention. Is it not enough?"

Kenjaku glared as your phone started ringing again. You declined the call, putting it on silent. Or at least you thought you did.

You finally answer him. "It's not that I'm doing it for attention. I just feel comfortable with my body, and I like my appearance. It gives me confidence and knowing that you are the person by my side -" You were cut off by your phone vibrating on the nightstand.

You grabbed it, but before you could do anything, Kenjaku snatched it from your hands and put it in his pocket. He then turned his attention back towards you. "Well?"

"I- I.. forget the rest of what I was going to say."

He scoffed. "Really? The part where you finally mentioned me is the part you end up forgetting?"