Chapter 29

Y/n's POV

"So, that was quite a reunion, wasn't it?" Toji said, sounding like it was something to celebrate about. I scoffed and leaned back in my seat. "Yeah, right."

"And that was Mai?"

I nodded, turning to look out the window. The sun was already in the sky, and we were already almost home.

"Do we still pretend like nothing happened?" Toji asked, leaning to me slightly as he kept his eyes on the road.

"Yes."

Toji hummed before saying anything. "Doesn't seem to be working, does it?" He asked with a smirk.

I rolled my eyes. "It's working perfectly fine for me."

"Uh-huh, by the way, where's your phone?" Toji asked, already pushing my buttons.

"Does that matter?" I asked him.

Toji shrugged. He was obviously playing with me. "Well, I don't know about you, but I'd be wondering where my phone is if I had lost it."

"I don't care about my phone THAT much. I have nothing to hide even if someone did get into it." I clarified.

"For someone who has every reason to hide everything in her life, I don't believe you." Toji said to me, making me glare at him.

He noticed my glared and sighed in annoyance. "Y/n, when are you going to start being honest with yourself? Not everything is your fault."

"Yeah, tell that to every person in my life. They'll say otherwise." I mumbled, crossing my arms and leaning against the door.

"Alright, then. What happened when Choso went to pick up three hours away from here?" He asked, his tone being serious.

"Now, that's just not fair!" I whined to Toji, making him chuckle. "If it wasn't your fault, then why can't you just say something about it?"

I sighed and slumped even more in my seat. "It's not like anyone had believed me before."

"I do see your point on that, but you need to stop living in fear. So far, it was doing you good until now." Toji said.

"Why couldn't it have stayed that way?"

"Nothing lasts forever, Y/n."

"I know." I wanted to curl up in my seat. At least, I was almost home.

"Want me to stay with you for a while? I wouldn't mind doing so." Toji suggested.

I shook my head. "No, it's fine. I'll just go across the road if I need anything."

"Then I'm staying across the road if you need anything." Toji says. Was he actually serious, or is he still joking with me?

"I don't know why you needed to tell me that, but okay." I said, trying not to laugh.

We had finally made it to my house, and I got my bag off of the car. "See you later."

Toji had smiled and raised his hand in the air as if he were waving bye to me. "By the way, do you think your family believed that we were a real couple?"

I laughed, blushing from his words. "Because of all your fucking jokes and physical contact you did to me? Of course! I couldn't even push you away or get you to stop either until we were finally alone."

Toji laughed as well. "It was fun and all, but I wouldn't mind doing it again."

"Never."

"If you say so. Be well, Y/n. And no drinking." Toji said with a smug smile.