Chapter 35

Kenjaku's POV
Flashback

"If you could ask a girl out right now. Who would it be?" Chase had said to me, almost excitedly for literally no apparent reason at all.

"No one at the moment."

"C'mon, man! There has to be someone."

"I am not having this conversation with you."

Chase always had a sense of wanting to piss me off all the time. Despite how quiet he is around his family, he was always talking with me. I noticed how he was pondering at his own words, before answering. And what's up with his new style? Split hair dyed of black and green? What an ugly color.

"I'd ask out my sister's best friend. She's so pretty and fun to talk to." He answered. I honestly couldn't give a fuck about whatever he had to say or who he was talking about. I've never taken a girl seriously as most were just bitches who only care about gossip and attention.

I started walking with Chase following beside me. We were at a place that I've been waiting to go to. I wouldn't exactly say Chase was my friend, but due to his connections to him and his mom, it was honestly a whole lot easier dealing and making money. I know it was years since I started which I knew I was WAY too young to even associate myself with it. Still am, but not the point. It was just easy money.

I already knew who he was talking about, because she was my friend, too, but he didn't know that. I found her interesting but not enough to actually pursue her. I just found it really fucking amusing that she'd literally do anything for me. I always thought she was just like Mai, since she hung out with her a lot.

Mai isn't good in bed, not even when she's using her mouth, but anything to get a fuck buddy, right? I can name a whole list of all the guys she's been with.

"There's just something about her.. she's easy to get along with- Is that her?" Chase said looking away. When I followed his stares, I don't know what it was but something.. just something. More like I felt something when I had laid my eyes on her.

Had she always dress like that or is this a sudden thing?

Everyone who was in the area stared at her with awe, taking second glances. She was with Chase's mom, Tezuka, and her friends. Even though her outfit was revealing and was standing out, Y/n seemed to have kept a good distance between her and that one Shion guy, and the other guy.

I'll admit, Shion is a pretty cool guy for his age, but I found it unsettling of the way he constantly wanted to be around her. If Chase could hear my thoughts right now, he'd definitely think I'm crushing on her.

But what was it about Y/n that made her look different today? Besides the outfit.

Of all the years I've known Y/n, there was one thing that I can honestly say I was drawn to and that was her smile. Every time she spoke, she was always smiling. You'd think anyone get tired of seeing the constant smile every. Single. Day. But no one felt that way with her. And the thing people would always say is how much they like her teeth. Which was weird for me, but understandable. Everyone's into their own things. Everyone just seemed to know her or heard of her. I didn't even know she was this popular until a few months ago, and it seemed like she always turned heads everywhere she went.

"Nice boots." A male said while walking by her. I watched as her smile grew, her face turning red. I liked her boots, too. Black leather knee high boots with chains on the side. I knew her style of choice was alternative. It was almost as if she was born to be part of that specific kind of aesthetic. Every single time we hung out together, she always wore black boots in different styles.