Chapter 11

After everyone had left, you took a nap since the girls woke you up early this morning when they saw Suguru and Satoru in your bed. Though your nap had been disturbed by a knock at your door. You got up and opened the door only to be greeted by a face you haven't seen in years.

"I've finally found you."

Hesitantly, you opened the door for her to come in. "Don't you have anything to say to your older sister? I went through the trouble of finding you."

"I didn't ask you to find me." You say to her as you make your way over to grab one of the bottles and sit at the table.

"My, my. That's a lot of alcohol. So, I'm guessing you still drink." She sits at the table, across from you.

You pour yourself a glass and say to her before taking a sip. "So?"

This was your older sister. Her name is Zinaya. She's married to an architect and has twins. She's 24 years old and lives in the city of where you grew up and moved away from. You and her weren't on the best terms.

She smiles at you. "I thought drinking at the age of 15 would've made you tired of it by now."

You glare at her. "Did you come here to make me feel bad about myself, or do you need something from me? Because I know you're not here for nothing." You pause for a second. "How did you even find me?"

"It's a secret. You aren't going to ask about mom or dad? Not even our brothers or your nephews?"

"How are the boys doing?" You take another sip.

"They're doing fine. Mom and dad are fine, too."

You glare at her. "I didn't ask about them."

"Of course. You never cared about anyone anyway."

'Is she serious right now?' You think to yourself. You cared, you did wonder from time to time how your family was doing, if everyone was okay. It was just attitudes like she was showing that was pissing you off even more. You didn't want to show how you cared. It didn't work back then, and your sister sitting in front of you with a smug look on her face made you realize that nothing has changed, even after your disappearance.

"What do you want, Zinaya?"

She crosses her arms and puts her leg over the other. "I just wanted to see how you were doing and tell you that you should come to the family reunion."

"No." You answer quickly and take a big drink.

She sighs. "If you don't want to go alone, you could invite friends or a boyfriend."

"What makes you think that I have a boyfriend or friends?"

She smirks at you. "You've always had friends. Isn't that why you were hardly home? You were always across the street, up the road from our house or at the park just down the road. Remember when mom would get mad at you and yell at you in front of your friends at the park? Dad even went straight up to the boy you were always with and told him to stay away from you."

You remembered clearly. Isn't that why you were made fun of in school and no one wanted to hang out with you? Your parents were strict and didn't care about your hardships in your personal life. When you did try to open up, you'd just get talked down on, and they'd tell the rest of the family your whole business. You weren't a problem child, that is until the constant mistreatment from your parents changed that. Because of that, that's what led you to the 'I did what I did, and I'm not afraid to pay the consequences' mindset. You have regrets, but you have already accepted a long time ago that nothing can change what has already been done. You weren't sure why you were treated differently. The only reason that came to your mind was that it's most likely because you had a different father than the rest of your siblings.