Chapter 13

"I will never understand why you have a couch in your room when you clearly have couches in your living room." You say.

"I have a lot of friends over. My own friends." Sukuna grumbles.

You give him a small smile. "I'm surprised your room is big enough to fit all this furniture in here. It's almost like the only time you need to leave your room is if you need something from the kitchen."

Sukuna looks over to you as he sits on his bed with his legs criss-cross, with a tray in his lap. You knew what he was doing. It's no surprise. I mean, who wouldn't enjoy a joint every once in a while? "The main two who use the kitchen are Choso and Yuuji. I use it only when I feel like it."

"Okay, so I'm not surprised that Yuuji can cook, but.. you and Choso can cook?" You give him a smirk.

Sukuna glares at you. "Can you cook?"

You giggle at his question. "Of course I can cook. What kind of woman do you take me as?"

Sukuna chuckles. "Bold of you to call yourself a woman. In my eyes, you're still a teenager."

"I like to live. Is that so wrong?" You smile. Sukuna uses his tongue to seal the joint tightly and takes the tray off his lap. He makes his way over to you and sits down on the couch next to you, leaning back while man-spreading.

He places the joint between his fingers and takes the lighter. "I didn't say it was wrong. I just said that's what you remind me of, a teenager. Like the brat who isn't here right now."

"Don't be mean about Yuuji. He's a good kid."

"Just because he's good doesn't mean he's not annoying." Sukuna adds. He brings the joint to his lips and lights it. He takes a hit before passing the joint to you. You take it from his hand and place it between your fingers, taking a hit. Sukuna blows the smoke up and leans forward, pouring two glasses of the vodka you brought. "So, I've been wondering. Do your friends know you smoke?"

You blow the smoke in his face. "Does it look like they know?" You ask, passing the joint back to him.

"I'm going to take that as a 'no'. They seem like the type who doesn't do anything besides drink anyway." He hands you a glass.

Sukuna obviously lives in his own world, and he knows how to assert his dominance. He knows almost everything that goes on, and he was the first to find out about you and Kenjaku. He never told Choso or Mahito how he found out. He'd rather keep that memory to himself. The only reason why he told them is because of what they saw. After Kenjaku disappeared and you came into their lives, it made sense to him. As prideful and stubborn as he is, he was anything but stupid. He likes to keep a lot of things to himself if he feels like it, but your gentle smile and the liveliness you brought to him only made him decide to respect your personal life.

You finish the glass in one drink. Sukuna just smirks while watching you set the glass on the table in front of you. "You do know that these aren't shot glasses, right?"

"So what? I don't have any plans for the rest of the day or night."

"Is that why you put your phone on silent? As well as giving it to me to hold? Sounds like you're just avoiding everyone." Sukuna mumbles, taking another drag from the joint.

You just shrug, pouring yourself more vodka, this time filling the cup. "Now I can sip." You say, ignoring his comment as you take a drink from your glass.

Sukuna pulls out his phone and plays music. Just when you thought he couldn't be any more mysterious.

"You listen to heavy metal?"