Prologue

AUTHOR'S NOTE: changing the whole plot for this one. I've been thinking about this since last year pa, and now—I made up my mind.

********

“You’re a psychopath!”

Right, she’s a psychopath. It’s a well-known tale in our society. They are a bunch of psychos. I can’t believe I tried to save her. I can’t believe that I am even willing to trade my own life for her safety. Yet, here she is. Proving how dangerous and mad they are.

“Leave us alone.” she coldy command. Showing how powerful she is. Isang kumpas lang ng kamay nito ay marami na agad ang magkakandarapang gawin ang lahat ng gusto niya.

I can feel my heart’s every beat. Palakas nang palakas. Nakakaramdam ng takot.

“I thought you’re different, ah.” the way she talks and stares at me, it's so cold. Too intimidating. I watch how she slowly removes her coat. Kasunod nito ay ang itim na gloves na isinuot niya para hindi mag-iwan ng ano mang-ebidensya.

This is supposed to be my wedding day. My most awaited day. But what happened? Why am I here? In front of this psychopath.

“You’re a murderer.” a serial killer, a criminal. I saw how she killed with no remorse.

“Killing ain’t bad.” she even chuckled as if she remembered those people she had killed. And that thought amuse her. “People have their own set of rights and wrong. I kill for fun, to ease my boredom, and that is kinda right for me. Oh well, fuck morality.”

Psychopaths don't show any emphaty, and this is exaclty what I am seeing in her.

Did I make you do such things? Am I the reason? Are you doing this because..

“Let’s go back to the city,” I said. Calm this time. Walang patutunguhan kung magagalit at sisigaw lang ako. At this state, I can’t tell her what to do. Her intimidating aura says it all. It will be useless kung ako rin ang magmamatigas.

Negotiating is my only way to escape.

Sinubukan kong igalaw ang kamay na nasa likod. I woke up in an aircraft, tied like this and she’s infront of me. Ngayon nga ay nasa hindi kilalang isla kami.

“Nah, I bought this island a year ago. Might as well put it in use. Want to build your own family here? With me?” I hitched my breath. Para lang itong nag-aalok kung gusto ko ba ng maiinom na tubig.

She’s not serious naman, di’ ba?

Yeah.

“Where are we?” a little information on where we are might help me escape. Malay ko ba kung sobrang layo pala talaga nito sa kabihasnan.

“Somewhere,” umupo siya sa sofa, kaharap kung nasaan ako nakasalampak.

Fuck those men of her for putting me in this situation. They could just let me seat on the couch. Mukha tuloy akong nakaluhod sa harapan ng babaeng ito. Bumaba ang tingin niya sa akin, and give me her sinister smile. It’s annoying.

“As always,” the woman sophisticatedly cross her legs, ipinatong pa nito ang siko sa leg niya bago yumuko ng kaunti para mapalapit sa akin. “You look good down there, hun. Makes me want to force you to bear my child, gosh.”

Feeling flabbergasted, I tried to move my legs—away from her.

“Rhoann—"

“Kaliya. Call me Kaliya. I’m afraid you won’t be talking to your girl toy from now on.” I bit my tongue to stop myself from saying something.

I am aware of her alter. But I thought it’s only RK. I managed to observe her dissociating; both Rhoann and RK have no idea about their alters—I mean, no. RK has an idea, but she’s takin’ it for granted. While Rhoann knows nothing.

Tapos ito, this woman in front of me. She’s not RK nor Rhoann. And she surely knows about her or their disorder.

One thing that comes on my mind..

“Are you the host?” hindi ko na napigilang itanong. She just looked at me.

Her eyes were no longer the same. The way she stares at me, her passive face, the way she calmly breathes. And the way she talks. It really is different from Rhoann and RK.

I know, I know because I am a psychiatrist myself!

And it's hurting me knowing that the woman I love...is a psycho.

“Get up, you don’t belong on the floor.”